Time to say "so long..."

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
First, all four techs were great. But the job orders, more than one, were a total mess and so were the back office support reps that are suppose to be there to help. They were horrid!!!

Last February I got fed up with the price going up and all the problems with the KCmGUI that was forced to HwS's and missing more and more recordings. I called to cancel, got a great rep and was offered a great deal, so I took it. Having dealt with DISH before and having that leery feeling, I have verified this job 4 times up until the last time the other day with the rep that set up the install appt. All 4 were stateside, two right up the street. Everything that was to be done and how and the pricing which was originally set up was verified 4 times. OH AND the three digit letter code they give to get in touch with them if need be, is worthless. That was verified by many people today. So it probably works since it was "verified".

Today, two sets of techs show up. One set, an upper level tech and a super. They wanted to check out the job since in the "notes" it was stated that a 40 foot ladder would be needed. About all that was right in the notes, today. Well that was nice of them and the fact that the tech after testing his very tall ladder decided to do all the work up top, since he was already there, so the next tech only had to install the leased and bought H3's. Well, the second techs work order was to do an install "fix" and nothing about what was in the "notes" or what was set up to actually be done. He's said luckily he grabbed an extra H3. AND THEN all the phone calls. The tech that was left with this mess had to make so many calls, his battery was drained trying to get things straightened out, which was more trouble than why I was going to cancel in the first place. PLUS a "supervisor" that the tech asked to talk to when one of the many reps just didn't get it, told me that what I was "sold" as a deal was impossible, which was verified 4 times with stateside reps that were great people, but was still impossible. But if it were in the notes, of which he could not find, it would be possible. WHAT?! OK Hmmm, so I guess the retention rep lied and the other three reps that all verified the same information were wrong. 4 Fing Times!!!

So more to the long story, we finally got things to a point where I was able to get the bought and leased boxes installed. BUT I had to redo all the negotiations that were done in February, lose the waved fees, and add a two year contract and deposit and back up credit card and all kinds of crap that I have never heard or done in the 23 years that we've been with DISH . . . And all this because Centurylink had put fiber on the pole 50' away from my house and I was fed up with DISH. Even if CL service and quality was bad, it wouldn't have been all this trouble.

AND, a big AND, I checked the install requirements and everything with a Supervisor that dropped off two UHF antennas, when it was 1 dead OTA module that was the problem. And he verified everything again. So that's 5 times. And neither the rep that I called about the OTA adapter, the Super or myself knew why a "tech roll" was required for a dead OTA module that was originally mailed to me. DISH is really losing it. AND one of the leased boxes today was DOA. Yup, losing it.

Now I have to put more into failed timer transfers and moving recordings since I found out box to box transfers don't work. Lucky I have a spare EHD. And for those that wonder why I needed two H3's, 2xH2's timers and drive space = > (greater than) one H3. DISH did this to themselves with their years of 1 box 1 TV. Now they want to cram all of my boxes into one. Plus 23 years of basically using a device in one manner can't easily be undone. I would love less gear. But these days there are so many apps on TV's, we won't need DISH . . . Also I'm not seeing the base quality that a device should have that can support 4K.

So what should have been "Adult Christmas" is basically a big mistake. AND I missed the Derby Party I was hosting. The family is watching "Lost in Space" on Netflix through an app on the TV. So time for more intoxicants and either Thor Ragnarök or The Last Jedi on VUDU in 4K or iTunes in HDR off an AppleTV 4K . . . REALLY LOUD!!

Grandma just called from the other side of the house and asked where all her stuff was. I told her that it was going to take a couple of days. I told her in the meantime we have VUDU, HBOGO, Amazon Prime and Netflix. She said, "Why do we need the dish then?". Good point.

</end of book 1>

First, all four techs were great. But the job orders, more than one, were a total mess and so were the back office support reps that are suppose to be there to help. They were horrid!!!

Last February I got fed up with the price going up and all the problems with the KCmGUI that was forced to HwS's and missing more and more recordings. I called to cancel, got a great rep and was offered a great deal, so I took it. Having dealt with DISH before and having that leery feeling, I have verified this job 4 times up until the last time the other day with the rep that set up the install appt. All 4 were stateside, two right up the street. Everything that was to be done and how and the pricing which was originally set up was verified 4 times. OH AND the three digit letter code they give to get in touch with them if need be, is worthless. That was verified by many people today. So it probably works since it was "verified".

Today, two sets of techs show up. One set, an upper level tech and a super. They wanted to check out the job since in the "notes" it was stated that a 40 foot ladder would be needed. About all that was right in the notes, today. Well that was nice of them and the fact that the tech after testing his very tall ladder decided to do all the work up top, since he was already there, so the next tech only had to install the leased and bought H3's. Well, the second techs work order was to do an install "fix" and nothing about what was in the "notes" or what was set up to actually be done. He's said luckily he grabbed an extra H3. AND THEN all the phone calls. The tech that was left with this mess had to make so many calls, his battery was drained trying to get things straightened out, which was more trouble than why I was going to cancel in the first place. PLUS a "supervisor" that the tech asked to talk to when one of the many reps just didn't get it, told me that what I was "sold" as a deal was impossible, which was verified 4 times with stateside reps that were great people, but was still impossible. But if it were in the notes, of which he could not find, it would be possible. WHAT?! OK Hmmm, so I guess the retention rep lied and the other three reps that all verified the same information were wrong. 4 Fing Times!!!

So more to the long story, we finally got things to a point where I was able to get the bought and leased boxes installed. BUT I had to redo all the negotiations that were done in February, lose the waved fees, and add a two year contract and deposit and back up credit card and all kinds of crap that I have never heard or done in the 23 years that we've been with DISH . . . And all this because Centurylink had put fiber on the pole 50' away from my house and I was fed up with DISH. Even if CL service and quality was bad, it wouldn't have been all this trouble.

AND, a big AND, I checked the install requirements and everything with a Supervisor that dropped off two UHF antennas, when it was 1 dead OTA module that was the problem. And he verified everything again. So that's 5 times. And neither the rep that I called about the OTA adapter, the Super or myself knew why a "tech roll" was required for a dead OTA module that was originally mailed to me. DISH is really losing it. AND one of the leased boxes today was DOA. Yup, losing it.

Now I have to put more into failed timer transfers and moving recordings since I found out box to box transfers don't work. Lucky I have a spare EHD. And for those that wonder why I needed two H3's, 2xH2's timers and drive space = > (greater than) one H3. DISH did this to themselves with their years of 1 box 1 TV. Now they want to cram all of my boxes into one. Plus 23 years of basically using a device in one manner can't easily be undone. I would love less gear. But these days there are so many apps on TV's, we won't need DISH . . . Also I'm not seeing the base quality that a device should have that can support 4K.

So what should have been "Adult Christmas" is basically a big mistake. AND I missed the Derby Party I was hosting. The family is watching "Lost in Space" on Netflix through an app on the TV. So time for more intoxicants and either Thor Ragnarök or The Last Jedi on VUDU in 4K or iTunes in HDR off an AppleTV 4K . . . REALLY LOUD!!

Grandma just called from the other side of the house and asked where all her stuff was. I told her that it was going to take a couple of days. I told her in the meantime we have VUDU, HBOGO, Amazon Prime and Netflix. She said, "Why do we need the dish then?". Good point.

</end of book 1>

Well, sorry for your nightmare. What setup did you end up with?

Reactions: NYDutch
Dish says they don't want back the DPH Hybrid twin LNB from the 1000.2 dish. Is it worth anything?

I've already re-purposed the dish itself for FTA ;)

IMG_0182.JPG

Were they able to install without the DPH42 switch?

No. Since they left the DPP LNB on. Now there's an even bigger ratz nest in the chimney. All kinds if splitters and gizmos and excuses. I showed the "pictorial" diagram that I had vetted by a Field Super as "that's the way", to the Techs and they went blank.

Reactions: charlesrshell
No. Since they left the DPP LNB on. Now there's an even bigger ratz nest in the chimney. All kinds if splitters and gizmos and excuses. I showed the "pictorial" diagram that I had vetted by a Field Super as "that's the way", to the Techs and they went blank.
Well, sorry about that. I had my doubts about that diagram.

Well, sorry about that. I had my doubts about that diagram.

It could have been done that way. They just chose not to do it. Probably since the work orders were so screwed up and no one had a DPH LNB or Dual Hub. They'd have to back to "the shop" and get them. Things were so screwed up.

After a bit of a fight/discussion I did get my 129 wing dish remounted properly, that was one of things that did stay in the work order and since it was already wired to be added in the future if needed, it was. Main dish reaimed for 110 and 119 the best they could be and the 129 dish aimed for the best. So now I have my great two dish set up back. No more rain or snow fade. They did confirm what I have heard lately that when using two dishes for 129, you do not need to cover the 129 horn on the triple LNB. The system pulls from the strongest or both to get the best signal.

It could have been done that way. They just chose not to do it. Probably since the work orders were so screwed up and no one had a DPH LNB or Dual Hub. They'd have to back to "the shop" and get them. Things were so screwed up.

After a bit of a fight/discussion I did get my 129 wing dish remounted properly, that was one of things that did stay in the work order and since it was already wired to be added in the future if needed, it was. Main dish reaimed for 110 and 119 the best they could be and the 129 dish aimed for the best. So now I have my great two dish set up back. No more rain or snow fade. They did confirm what I have heard lately that when using two dishes for 129, you do not need to cover the 129 horn on the triple LNB. The system pulls from the strongest or both to get the best signal.

I don't know how many times people that know the facts have to tell you that there is no way that two Hopper 3's can be run on one Hybrid LNB. It wasn't designed to work that way and it just doesn't work that way. Period.

I don't know how many times people that know the facts have to tell you that there is no way that two Hopper 3's can be run on one Hybrid LNB. It wasn't designed to work that way and it just doesn't work that way. Period.

Many Senior Techs at DISH says it did. The installers said it would, but they didn't have to parts with since the work orders were so screwed up. If that's not, then I was lied to by MANY people. One being a Senior Service Tech that was at the house a week ago. If I find the original source for this I will post it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts