Time to upgrade!!!-

freakedout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
i have decided to upgrade my receiver. I currently have a refurbed 501. I NEED to upgrade because this box has gome crazy on me. It will bounce all around the menu when you try to do anything. I thought it was the remote but it does it from the buttons on the front of the box.as well. This is what I get for telling my neightbor that I never have problems wiht Dish. He has had to replace 3 dvrs in the past year. I think it is high time for me to get a new box.
Would the 722 be the way to go or perhaps the 922.
Any thoughts?

I am thinking the 722 will be my best bet. In the future a whole house dvr would be the ideal. I want to feed the HDMI out to my living room tv and into my bedroom because they share a wall and I can split the hdmi output. At least I believe I can. I am thinking of getting a 211 for my office. I already have a single coax run to it. Would DIRT be the best to talk too or someone who installs locally. I should add that I have a superdish and live in central South Carolina.

PM one of the Dirt folks. And I'd suggest the 722K. If you can get OTA locals, you can get the optional module and record two OTAs and two Sats at the same time

Yeah, but I like NOT paying a monthly DVR-fee. That's why I went with the 211k and added a 1-TB external hard drive. Gives me almost as much recording time as a 922 for a fraction of the cost. Sure, it's not dual-tuner (except for OTA), but it does what I need it to do.

I live way out in the country and nobody is anywhere near me that could cause the problem. If you are looking at the guide it will just go crazy and run up and up the guide until I pull the plug. I switched remotes and the remotes channel and even pulled the battery to see if it would stop but it does not help. I have kept on with the 501 because of all the fees. I don't know why but the price of the programming does not bother anywhere near as much as having to pay a "fee".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)