'Time Traveler's Wife' Series Travels to ABC

Personally ... I really like Journeyman! This is another show that I was sad that got cancelled. It had several plots (why does he "journey", why does his girl friend "journey", is there an organization trying to control those that can "journey") on top of him trying to figure out what he must do to get back.

Don't mean to turn this into a Journeyman thread though ...

Personally ... I really like Journeyman! This is another show that I was sad that got cancelled. It had several plots (why does he "journey", why does his girl friend "journey", is there an organization trying to control those that can "journey") on top of him trying to figure out what he must do to get back.

Don't mean to turn this into a Journeyman thread though ...

Loved the show and was glad they wrapped it up neatly in a bow at the end. They will cancel this time travel show as well . All sci-fi series tv does awful in ratings on the main 4 networks.

Look at FOX's record this last year; Terminator :Sarah Conner Chronicles. ABC is just as bad cancelling all there sci-fi series as well. The 70s seemed to fare better for Sci-fi series when I was a young teenager. Shows like Bionic Woman,6million dollar man, Wonder Woman,Hulk, come to mind as good shows that still get watched to this day.

Today network tv doesn't have the patience to let a Sci-Fi show grow an audience. The only exception in recent years: HEROEs and they should cancel that mess of a show. :rolleyes:

Adapting a movie that bombed into a series?????
The series might actually be able to do well for the same reason the movie struggled. The book absolutely cannot be made into a television series. Without spoiling too much, the television series would end too soon. This is the same situation with Flashforward... if they just put the book on the small screen, it wouldn't work as a television series, because the series would end too soon.

So in both of these cases, they need to make a television series out of the featured plot device of the series, but craft a new story around that device.

And in each case, the plot device is an excellent foundation for a television series. Again, in each case, the plot device reminds me of the Stargate, or of the Time Tunnel, or of Shawn Spencer's powers of observation in Psych, or perhaps even of Beta in Defying Gravity. A great television series can come from building a world around such a device that provides such a fertile ground for building stories about people we care about experiencing these paranormal things.

I don't consider this a spoiler, since I'm just guessing, but I think in order for Flashforward to work at a series, they're going to have to use the flashes in a repetitive manner, happening frequently over time (instead of how it worked in the book). Similarly, instead of The Time Traveler's Wife television series being about what the book was about (can't say, because that would spoil the book), instead I would guess that the overlapping of the two main characters life wouldn't invariably lead us to an ending (as, of course, any good book does).

Instead, in both cases, my hope is that they build a television series that is about the human relationships between the main characters with regard to their reactions to the paranormal experiences that each of the respective plot devices evoke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts