Time Warner Cable Dropping HDNet Channels Nationwide May 31

Yeah, they need to give their customers more choice. Here in Lincoln TWC only has about 12 HD channels. Part of the reason I'm not one of their customers!

Charlie was sure quick to dump VOOM. Who knows how his mind works anyways? Dropping Smithsonian was a real blunder.

Asked why the company was dropping HDNet's services, Time Warner Cable director of corporate public relations Robyn Watson said, "There's a limited appeal for the programming. In a world with more than 100 HD channels, being in HD is not enough. We are adding other channels in HD to give our customers more choice."

They’re probably making room so they can add the infinitely more popular WFN

Hdnet has spectacular PQ and great programming. Concerts, News (World Report and Dan Rather), Ultimate Trailer Show, Sports (last year's NHL and MLS coverage was head and shoulders above anyone else).

Hawaii and Alaska Dish customers just lost the HDNet channels last week and I miss HDNET alot!

Personally, I really like HDNet and HDNet Movies...good content, and the picture quality is outstanding. Of course, I fully understand that HD is no longer a "premium service" now that more than 100+ HD channels are available to MSOs. Mr. Cuban needs to "right price" his channels and mass-market them now that the business model has changed. I hope the folks at HDNet and Time Warner can strike a deal to not only keep these quality channels on the air, but available to all digital customers.

Asked why the company was dropping HDNet's services, Time Warner Cable director of corporate public relations Robyn Watson said, "There's a limited appeal for the programming. In a world with more than 100 HD channels, being in HD is not enough. We are adding other channels in HD to give our customers more choice."

I don't know about the rest of you but I'd take HDNet and HDNet Movies over Lifetime Movie Network HD and ABC Family HD any day of the week. This is just silly. There is a real reason they are dropping these channels and it isn't the reason they are giving. Foolish. Hogwash.

Hdnet has spectacular PQ and great programming. Concerts, News (World Report and Dan Rather), Ultimate Trailer Show, Sports (last year's NHL and MLS coverage was head and shoulders above anyone else).

Hawaii and Alaska Dish customers just lost the HDNet channels last week and I miss HDNET alot!

I watch both of these channels and do miss them. Hopefully Dish will be adding them back to the AK/HI packages soon.

HDNet Movies is a great service, it doesn't get enough credit. If it goes away completely (dropped from Time Warner, dumped in the DISH Platinum ghetto), I hope whoever programs it gets a job at Flix or something.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'd take HDNet and HDNet Movies over Lifetime Movie Network HD and ABC Family HD any day of the week. This is just silly. There is a real reason they are dropping these channels and it isn't the reason they are giving. Foolish. Hogwash.

I'd take them over ten or more of the "HD lite" and "95% SD programming" type HD channels.

"There's a limited appeal for the programming. In a world with more than 100 HD channels, being in HD is not enough. We are adding other channels in HD to give our customers more choice."

They're not adding crap - they're replacing, if this is what their reasoning is. How is that "more choice"? I have both TWC and Dish, and it's such a joy to see both of these services bumble their way through trying to conduct a business.

I watch HD-Net and HDNet-Movies and am glad that they are part of Dish Network's service.

However, this does not surprise me. We are getting to the point where Mark needs to "re-brand" the channels, especially HD-Net. something like "Action-HD" (perhaps someone can come up with a better moniker).

Imagine if someone started "The Color TV Channel" in 1965. How long before people started to say "and you are in color - so what?".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts