Time Warner Says I Can't See the Superbowl in HD on Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Big_Ed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Athol, MA
See attachment for email I just received. How can they get away with this kind of totally false statement? The best part is...they don't even OFFER HD in my area. None. Can't get it.

I will be watching the game in HD, thanks Dish!

Attachments

• hdtv_superbowl_020407.jpg
    hdtv_superbowl_020407.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 469
Wow. I know they both stretch the truth with overblown rainfade, and bill increases and all that, but to out and out completley lie.

If i got that, I would be tempted to send that on to my state Attorney General, there are laws against that... but seeing as you got an Email, they could say that they had your address wrong, and there COULD* be areas where you can get the SB in HD, but not over the dish unless you "move".

Yesterday a co-worker heard a Time Warner ad on the radio and said they were saying they were the only ones that offered all digital stations and none of the satellite companies could say that. Really funny since Time warner channels 2 through 99 here are analog. It seems they are really pushing the lies.

Its all lies!

One that Dish did extensive research on is Comcasts Ditch the Dish Campaign. Since most people associate "Dish" with DISH Network, research found that Ditch the Dish was actually helping build brand reconization in the market!

Maybe I am missing something here, but as the url is to TW in Albany - and the Albany HD lineup is in the 1800s, why is everyone saying its false and misleading in the copy (and I am not speaking of a NTSC in the picture as technically there are 4:3 TVs capable of 1080 resolution - though in this case someone obviously someone used a stock photo).

Albany does not HD-LIL from D* or E* - so what's the issue?

http://www.timewarnercable.com/albany/programming/hdtv/programming.ashx?menu=917

HD Video On Demand
Channel 1800 offers pay-per-title content similar to the current Movies On Demand service. (This channel is available only to customers with high-definition converters and televisions.)

HD Tier channels *
1855 -- iNHD
1857 -- HDNet
1858 -- HDNet Movies
1860 -- NBC Universal HD
1866 -- SNY HD (available in New York only)
1867 -- YES HD (available in New York only)
1869 -- ESPN HD

Subscription HD **
1870 -- HBO HD
1875 -- Showtime HD

* $3.95/month
** You must subscribe to HBO or Showtime to see the HD version of these channels.

Couch Guy showed that their ad isn't false, http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=800916&postcount=5. You can't watch the game on satellite on channel 1806.

No, there are no HD-LIL for Albany - that is the focus of the ad - not for people that have illegally moved - has nothing to do with the channel number. Has to do with the 99.9999999999999999% Satellite Subs in the local TWC Market that have have not lied about their reception location - and thus the ad is very legit.

See attachment for email I just received. How can they get away with this kind of totally false statement? The best part is...they don't even OFFER HD in my area. None. Can't get it.

I will be watching the game in HD, thanks Dish!

That's funny. Similar to the commericals Cox used to run in my area...people complaining how "The Dish" would go out eveyr time it rained or the wind blew...etc. It was kind of effective too, cuz it kept me sceptical. That was until I took the plunge and tried it out. GOD, how sad those commericials were...and so blatantly false!! :haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts