Time Warner Standard/Basic to VGA monitor

timrbetts

Original poster
May 28, 2008
Hey. I have a standard/basic cable in 3 rooms of my house. It so happens that I also have 3 spare computer monitors. Is it possible to connect the coax cable to a monitor by some means and tune to the various standard/basic Time Warner cable channels?

I bought this a while back (Sabrent TV-LCD01 VGA Interface Stand Alone TV Tuner Box), but it didn't work. Looks like its only searching for VHF or UHF channel frequencies. I assume this means over-the-air and so the cable I connect doesn't work, but I don't really know.

I looked at this box, because I wanted to make use of my old computer monitors as my TV monitor and it had both the coax input and VGA output.

Since I'm connecting a Time Warner standard/basic cable directly does it need to be some kind of digital tuner? If so any suggestions.

I'd rather not keep trying various boxes and hope that it works, can someone suggest an external Time Warner standard/basic-compatible digital tuner with VGA output that would work?

Cheers -- Tim.

Ok. After some research it would appear to indicate that I need a standalone QAM tuner. I.e. Digital Cable "Clear QAM" which is able to display the unscrambled channels of standard/basic cable. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)