Time Warner Syracuse New York Starz On Demand

GMFreak8

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Adirondacks
I'm in Malone New York, and Time Warner's Syracuse division serves this area. We have just about all the premium movie channel On Demand services, but we don't have Starz On Demand. Is this a Time Warner thing nationwide or just in this area? I'd really like to see this On Demand channel added to the lineup (along with local HD channels). Anyone have any information?

It's nationwide, I believe. I have Starz too but no Starz On Demand is available here either (Western Ohio). They don't carry Starz HD either. Do you get Starz HD ??

That's odd. I wonder why Time Warner isn't carrying this On Demand service? I love On Demand, and I'd love for Time Warner to offer Starz ON Demand.

GMFreak8 said:
That's odd. I wonder why Time Warner isn't carrying this On Demand service? I love On Demand, and I'd love for Time Warner to offer Starz ON Demand.

Time Warner isn't carrying this service because Starz wants Starz On Demand to be offered free of charge to Starz customers while Time Warner Cable wants the option of charging customers an extra 6.95/month for their Premiums On Demand service.

Also Starz won't rework the Time Warner Deal with reworking everything they have. This means if TWC wants Starz On Demand that besides TWC not charging customers extra for it they must also offer Encore On Demand in the sameway while also offering Starz HD East and/or West.

As we can see its all about money. Just for the heck of it think about what companies offer Starz On Demand today. Now ask yourselves if they offer it free for Starz subs and do they offer Starz HD. You will find that the answers are yes. Just look at Comcast as one example. They offer Starz On Demand and Starz HD and both are free to Starz subs.

LonghornXP said:
Time Warner isn't carrying this service because Starz wants Starz On Demand to be offered free of charge to Starz customers while Time Warner Cable wants the option of charging customers an extra 6.95/month for their Premiums On Demand service.

Also Starz won't rework the Time Warner Deal with reworking everything they have. This means if TWC wants Starz On Demand that besides TWC not charging customers extra for it they must also offer Encore On Demand in the sameway while also offering Starz HD East and/or West.

As we can see its all about money. Just for the heck of it think about what companies offer Starz On Demand today. Now ask yourselves if they offer it free for Starz subs and do they offer Starz HD. You will find that the answers are yes. Just look at Comcast as one example. They offer Starz On Demand and Starz HD and both are free to Starz subs.

Time Warner Cable already offers HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and TMC On Demand services for free when you subscribe to those premium movie channels. So what you're saying doesn't really make sense.

GMFreak8 said:
Time Warner Cable already offers HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and TMC On Demand services for free when you subscribe to those premium movie channels. So what you're saying doesn't really make sense.

they are an extra 6.95, at least here in northeast ohio, and should be that systemwide

http://www.timewarnercable.com/CustomerService/FAQ/TWCFaqs.ashx?faqID=408&MarketID=1&CatID=114

here is the pricing question! enjoy, and if you are getting them free, like me, you might be on sat. buy back plan!

stuart628 said:
they are an extra 6.95, at least here in northeast ohio, and should be that systemwide

http://www.timewarnercable.com/CustomerService/FAQ/TWCFaqs.ashx?faqID=408&MarketID=1&CatID=114

here is the pricing question! enjoy, and if you are getting them free, like me, you might be on sat. buy back plan!
It's $6.95 extra if you just subscribe to On Demand, and not the regular premium movie channels, if you subscribe to the regular premium movie channels, the On Demand service is included. I'm definitely not on the satellite buy back plan, I wouldn't dream of switching to satellite. It's more expensive for my setup, and the technology isn't nearly as advanced as cable.

Cablevision has the same deal. They don't offer Starz On Demand because they want to charge for it and Starz demands that it must be offered free.

GMFreak8 said:
It's $6.95 extra if you just subscribe to On Demand, and not the regular premium movie channels, if you subscribe to the regular premium movie channels, the On Demand service is included. I'm definitely not on the satellite buy back plan, I wouldn't dream of switching to satellite. It's more expensive for my setup, and the technology isn't nearly as advanced as cable.

middle of the paragraph from that link I gave you

You must, however, also subscribe to the premium channel to access On Demand service.

stuart628 said:
middle of the paragraph from that link I gave you

You must, however, also subscribe to the premium channel to access On Demand service.

Time Warner Syracuse must have a completely different policy on that. I subscribe to the premium channels, but also get the On Demand services for free.

Most Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks areas have been getting tons and tons of complaints about the extra charges. Because of this they are now throwing in all the On Demand offerings for the premium channels you subscribe to as long as you get two or more premium channels. So if you only order one premium channel you must pay that extra 6.95/month charge for that premium channels on demand offerings. Once you order that second premium channel you at that point get both premium channels On Demand offerings at no extra charge.

In my case my bill says HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and TMC......plus Premium On Demand service. All of this is billed at 30 bucks a month.

I also know a person that gets HBO and Cinemax and also gets HBO and Cinemax On Demand for free. Also note one catch. Both premium channels to get the free on demand service must not be Starz or Encore. So if you order HBO and Starz you "will not" get HBO On Demand for free. You must get two of the four premium channels listed below.

HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and/or TMC are the four that qualify for free premium on demand services. I hope this helps you out.

OK cool, that makes sense. I have all premium movie channels except Cinemax, so that's probably why I'm getting them for free. Hopefully TW and Starz reach a deal, I'd really like the On Demand service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts