Bosco10021

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
At the beach
Time Warner to Carry NHL Network
But high-def coverage is up in the air.
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (October 5, 2007) -- Time Warner Cable has agreed to carry the National Hockey League's new 24-hour sports channel.

The channel, NHL Network, will broadcast 50 league games live this season, many of which will be available in High-Definition.

However, it's uncertain if local Time Warner systems will show the games in high-def.

Mark Harrad, a Time Warner Cable spokesman, told TVPredictions.com last night that it's up to each local Time Warner operator to determine whether to air the NHL Network's high-def broadcasts.

"We have the rights to offer their HD content. It will depend on the individual divisions, if they want to devote the bandwidth to carry these games," Harrad said.

The NHL Network has been available in Canada since 2001, but this is the first year in the United States. The channel will show documentaries and news shows on NHL issues as well as the live games.

Cox Communications had previously announced it would carry the NHL Network, but has not said if it will air the high-def games.

Time Warner to Carry NHL Network

In order to add the NHL Network to our Digital Sports Tier (channel 244 on December 1) it is necessary to move the following channels on Monday, November 26:

details here: Program News and Updates: Time Warner Cable

Wow, i wish i could get that kind of info from my local Time Warner division (cincinnati) I sent an inquiry to them about the NHL network and received a beautiful form letter about Versus(?!?) back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)