RoadRunner BW Increase

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Beware if you upgrade to RR basic speed and already have a discount on your account. When I got the flyer in the mail, I called to make sure there was no catch and was assured that there would be no price increase. Well when I got my next bill it was $36.00 a month more. I called and they said it was because I already had a $10.00 service discount on my account. They should have told me that I was not eligible for the free upgrade but the TWC customer reps are not informed.

TWC said they basically could not do anything about it and that my monthly bill would go up at least $7.00 month. I said forget it and canceled by cable service but kept their internet service. I have had it with TWC. I would go with Dish Network but it will be more expensive.

Thats odd, because when we were TWC before we became brighthouse and even as bright house we have had multiple speed increases on RR service (1.5 to 3 to 5 now 7) and have not had any price increase other then the normal yearly rate increases RR "Regular" went from 39.99 at the start to now about 46$ A 6$ increase and over 150% increase in speeds, so I think its been well worth it.

stevenl, you are missing mdanderson's point. He changed his service, relying on what BHN sales told him (that there would be no increase), and that turned out to be a lie.

Saying that BHN "had multiple speed increases on RR service" and "its been well worth it" is not the point at all. He discussed a plan with BHN sales, was told one thing, and the reality was different--leaving him stuck, as I read it, since apparently BHN doesn't want to allow him to revert to his previous plan.

Good for him on canceling his service. I'm tired of companies doing things like this to us, but it is getting to where nearly all do it--a sad commentary on our country's people's morals and sense of rightness.

He has time warner not BHN....

Not to mention most coupons/specials will say "Does not apply to any other special" They usually will not let you get a special on top of a special.. The sales person was wrong in what she told him, she made a mistake it happens.

I did misunderstand somewhat what he was saying I thought he was on topic speaking of the "Increase in Speed" But he was speaking of changing tiers and not the Increase in speeds.. I was thinking he meant after they made an increase he saw his bill go up 7$, which seems wasn't the case he called for the upgrade.

The sales person was misinformed or perhaps he heard her wrong. It happens, The sales lady was probably correct in saying The rate would be the same, as the flyer says but failed to mention that his 10$ discount would no longer apply. If im getting it correct he had RR lite, and upgraded to the faster RR (because the flyer said their would be no cost to upgrade)

So say RR lite costs 29.99 and Regular RR is 39.99, He was paying 19.99 because of a discount. He wanted to upgrade to Regular RR because they were offering it at no extra cost to RR Lite customers, when he changed his plan he changed the "Special" he was getting. Thus why his price went up. Its like that with any provider if your on a special and you change it, the discounts no longer apply, THe sales lady should of informed him of that, perhaps she didn't know (probably didnt look) to see if he was on any special promotions/discounts.. or he probably didnt bother to ask if his discount will still be applied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)