Timer is not working anymore

happy hopping

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
North America
I have a ongoing timer that record a certain show weekly, mon to fri. It was working under dish decided to flash the firmware last week. I know they upgrade the firmware, as in the old days, they have start timer 1 min. early, now they have start timer 1 min. early, end timer 3 min. late.

For whatever reason, the box is not switching to the schedule program channel today, so I miss the show.

So I double check the timer prog., and both of those 2 prog. is still there.

I know in the past, it should switch to that channel at the proper time frame, should I try to delete those 2 prog. timer and re-create it?

Not sure which receiver you have, but try this. Press the DVR button 3 times. That should bring up a list of scheduled recordings. You should se the list of recordings. Arrow over to that list. There will be an X in front of recordings that are to be skipped. If the program you want to record is X'd arrow down to it. The reason will be listed at the top. If you want to record it, pres Info and arrow up to Restore and select that. The program will now be recorded.

the basic reason for why it was skipped is there... sometimes more detail is in the Info screen where DWarren is describing the "restore" button is also available.

Are you at the screen that says "Daily Schedule"? That shows what is scheduled to be recorded or skipped. The X would be before each skipped recording. Otherwise, it will show which tuner is scheduled to record.

It says 2 timers:
Weekly, then the name of the show
then at the end, it says Auto

there is no X anywhere
When you press the DVR button on your remote 3 times, does it take you to a "Daily Schedule" screen?

If so, anything that is setup with a timer will be listed there for the current day. If the item has an "X" next to the time ... this is an event that will not be recorded. You arrow over and up/down the list it will show you the reason why that instance is not going to record.

See the picture ... each X has a reason...

IMG_4248.JPG

He might have the "Hide Skip" option enabled which would explain why he isn't seeing it.

When I press that DVR button 3 times, nothing happens. So I have to go to menu and select timer.
I only have 2 weekly program, and there is no conflict between the 2.

in re: DVR button 3 times ... Which receiver do you have?
722 & 922 receivers 2 presses gets recordings, 3 on the 722's does timers, not sure on the 922.

in re: DVR button 3 times ... Which receiver do you have?
722 & 922 receivers 2 presses gets recordings, 3 on the 722's does timers, not sure on the 922.

I have the old VIP 222. But the timer was working properly in the past year. A lot of little things didn't go the way it does since the new firmware was updated

I have an update on this situation, I done 2 tests:

test 1: I randomly select 1 program, and pick ONCE, Auto, and see if the timer will switch over to that channel. And it did.

Test 2: I randomly select a program (CNN) and pick M-F, Auto and see if the timer will switch to that channel, and yes it did.

But my program, it's CNBC, M-F, Closing Bell, using Auto, the timer is NOT switching to that channel. In other words, if I am on CNN, the VIP222 sits at 200 when the Closing Bell program starts, it does NOT switch to that channel. So what so special about this CNBC program that it is not switching?

test 1: I randomly select 1 program, and pick ONCE, Auto, and see if the timer will switch over to that channel. And it did.

Test 2: I randomly select a program (CNN) and pick M-F, Auto and see if the timer will switch to that channel, and yes it did.

But my program, it's CNBC, M-F, Closing Bell, using Auto, the timer is NOT switching to that channel. In other words, if I am on CNN, the VIP222 sits at 200 when the Closing Bell program starts, it does NOT switch to that channel. So what so special about this CNBC program that it is not switching?

I didn't see this covered yet but have you deleted the timer and then created a new one?

If you are trying to record those programs, rather than set it as "Auto" tune change it to "DVR" record. See what happens then.

If you are trying to record those programs, rather than set it as "Auto" tune change it to "DVR" record. See what happens then.

The OP has a 222 not a DVR so AUTO is the only option to tune the receiver to the correct channel for an external recorder.

I have totally deleted those 2 programs and re-create them. In most days, I'm forced to make sure the line 2 (UHF) is set at 208 just before it begins. But on Thurs. & Fri., since there is no business news, I can test it, and as I suspected it, the line 2 did not switch to 208 at the right time.

Has any1 seen 1 prog. set at M-F works (my test prog) and yet another prog. does not? This looks like a bug in the firmware, as prior to firmware upgrade, line 2 UHF DOES automatically switch to channel 208 at the right time.

I think we are still trying to figure out what you are trying to do. Are you recording to a separate recording device? Since your receiver is not a DVR, and you keep referring to "Auto" that would indicate simply changing the channel at the designated time. So are you setting it to record to an external device? When you got the software update it may have changed a setting or maybe the wording of the settings. I would look at making sure the receiver is still set to be able to record to an external device and that you can record from either tuner, the HD one or the SD one.
If you have not done so, unplug the receiver, wait a few minutes then plug it back in for hard reset.

There is nothing wrong w/ the DVD recorder that I'm using. It turned on at the right time as it is set independently to turn on and record from M to F. That was never the problem.

The problem all along is the VIP 222 Is NOT Switching to the right channel, i.e., Channel 208 at 3 pm EST. Eventhough timer is set to M-F, Auto at channel 208.

In other words, if I were watching channel 200 the night before, the VIP 222 (UHF line 2) stays at Channel 200, at 3 pm EST, eventhough it should automatically jump to channel 208. Do you now understand the problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts