Timer wouldn't stop recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
This happened last Saturday night through Sunday morning. My 722, which is on SW L627RJQB-N, was still recording when I went to bed Saturday night. I thought it was still recording some post race coverage of darlington. I get up early Sunday morning and noticed the red light was still on. I thought it was odd so I pulled my redcordings to see what it was recording. It showed it was recording River Monsters. Well that, was on Saturday night. No way there was a new episode on Sunday morning. Then I looked at the amount of time it recorded....it showed over 80 hours. I had to manually stop the recording. Never had this happen before.

Attachments

• IMG_1904.JPG
    IMG_1904.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 132
Full HDD

This happened last Saturday night through Sunday morning. My 722, which is on SW L627RJQB-N, was still recording when I went to bed Saturday night. I thought it was still recording some post race coverage of darlington. I get up early Sunday morning and noticed the red light was still on. I thought it was odd so I pulled my redcordings to see what it was recording. It showed it was recording River Monsters. Well that, was on Saturday night. No way there was a new episode on Sunday morning. Then I looked at the amount of time it recorded....it showed over 80 hours. I had to manually stop the recording. Never had this happen before.

That's when the HDD ran out of apace.

Resetting rcvr and making sure you power down rcvr every night will help avoid this, it can also be caused by the epg not dl fully

This happened to us all the time with our old Motorola cable box. It would then delete previously recorded programs as it chowed through the hard drive space. I would get so upset that I switched to Dish. I hope to never see that on my 722.

I've seen this a couple of times. Just enough to make me cautious. Both times, IIRC, were OTA timers. And yes, I power down each night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts