Used Satellite Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sheltiemom

Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Wisconsin
I purchased a Dish Network Superdish and want to know if it will work with an HD TV. We bought it on Craigs List and want to use it up north at our cottage.

no
The Superdish sees either 105/110/119 or 110/119/121. 105 & 121 are not used anymore. There is a SD upgrade kit I think that gives you 110/119/129

Can you post a pic of it?
If it says "Superdish" on it then it wont get HD

3mc3pc3lb5O25W35U4a6660006d90249317ad.jpg

Here you go.

yeah that will see 105/110/119 I think. The picture is a little small but on the LNB if it says "HDTV" then its the 105 SD

Dish thought about putting HD on 105 years ago but scrapped that idea

Get a Superdish kit for $99. from Dishstore.

The Dish Store - Powered by Metro25

But you'll need another lnb for 129, with all the costs involved it would be cheaper and easier to get a modern dish such as 1000.2 or 1000.4

I would suggest you call Claude @ Dishstore.net about your purchase and see if you can get those receivers activated etc ...

That picture is a 121 superdish. Gets 110, 119, 121 if you're lucky. If you aren't lucky, the LNBs are old and out of tolerance and it gets nothing.

looks like an old 301 or 311, and a 111 receiver with it.

Did you check under the plastic cover for wasp's?? That is a common problem here and I'm sure other places, come across one of these antiques in the field, first thing you do is spray it with wasp killer. I have seen some nest's that are as big as the inside of the cover!! I'm so glad we don't see too many anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)