Timers Backup and 2 EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PirateTodd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Ohio
I'm getting HWS and Super Joey hooked up tomorrow to replace my Original Hopper and Joey.

1). Will my timers that are currently on my Hopper be able to be transferred to my HWS?

2) I have 2 EHD...can I hook up both EHD at the same time and will the HWS recognize both while simultaneously hooked up?

Thank you

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Both EHDs will be seen, but limited use on #2.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

The second EHD has the same features as the first. Any action on one and another action on the other at the same time. If you add a 3rd or 4th those will be limited to transfers, i.e., no delete and no viewing. It can get confusing if you have several going but it works.
-Ken

Thank you all so much for your help!! I got the timers backed up to my remote. Now how do I transfer them back to the new HWS?

I guess this might be a little late now but when setting up the replacement "Hopper" when the setup process is ready to link the remote use the remote from the Hopper being replaced. The new Hopper will automatically detect the backup in the remote and ask if you want to restore from the backup.

I guess this might be a little late now but when setting up the replacement "Hopper" when the setup process is ready to link the remote use the remote from the Hopper being replaced. The new Hopper will automatically detect the backup in the remote and ask if you want to restore from the backup.

I appreciate your help as well. Thank you

Just to clarify one point. Unless it has changed, although 2 or more EHDs will work, I beleive dish only supports one directly. That just means, do not expect help over the phone or chat beyond very very very basic support for a second EHD. This may have changed, but I had t heard anything new.

I have been using 2 or more EHDs ever since getting the Hopper. Just wish I had full controls for #3 and #4.
Only once in a while do I have more than 2 drives running at once. Just keep track of which is which.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)