Timers constantly being moved and deleted with no input from me

I have my timers set by the way I watch tv each day. All my News timers for cable and ota are in order by when they hit by their time. Then all my Cable entertainment channels , then all Comedy on the networks followed by drama/ crime solving and last is the Cw super hero timers which my whole family watches. My wife’s timers are all after that and she adds to them quite regularly , without deleting old ones that are no longer on tv. I’m old school and like to be able to just go down the list by genres and see them in order.
You just gave me a great idea. Since we can sort the recordings into folders on the DVR screen, maybe we should also be able to create folders for the list of timers to keep the timers organized by category and easy-to-find. Someone should suggest that to Dish, and maybe they might implement it. :thumbup

You just gave me a great idea. Since we can sort the recordings into folders on the DVR screen, maybe we should also be able to create folders for the list of timers to keep the timers organized by category and easy-to-find. Someone should suggest that to Dish, and maybe they might implement it. :thumbup
...and break what else? :)

When someone has a weird problem that doesn't happen to the rest of us, there is always another explanation besides a general flaw in the DVR. I don't know the answer for the OP, but none of that has ever happened to any Hopper that I have owned including my latest, a Hopper3.

Priority has never been an issue for me with 16 tuners. It does make sense to make sure that you don't run into the 200 timer limit.

Reactions: charlesrshell
When someone has a weird problem that doesn't happen to the rest of us, there is always another explanation besides a general flaw in the DVR. I don't know the answer for the OP, but none of that has ever happened to any Hopper that I have owned including my latest, a Hopper3.

Priority has never been an issue for me with 16 tuners. It does make sense to make sure that you don't run into the 200 timer limit.
Maybe this only effects the user who uses priority instead of alphabetical order? Would explain why a lot of the users here don’t see any problems.

I recently switched to a Duo and it deleted 5 or 6 timers since I got it. It seems to happen when there is a timer conflict, the loser sometimes gets deleted instead recording the next airing.

My H3 decided I actually didn't want the season finale of Silicon Valley last night. It showed up as scheduled to record around 5 PM yesterday, but it never actually did record it. Not cool, Dish. At least it was on HBO, so we can watch on HBO Go. If this becomes a pattern, I am unlikely to stick with Dish long-term. DVRs really only have one function: record things when they are supposed to. How hard is that to get right?

Speaking of problems recording HBO, last week my Hopper Duo decided that I didn't want the first 16 minutes of Real Time With Bill Maher. I checked the Schedule afterward to find out why the recording was shorter than I had expected. It showed the Timer was scheduled for the proper time, but it did not start recording until 16 minutes after the timer was scheduled to start. I had another timer scheduled to record starting at the same time, and it recorded properly all the way through, so I doubt those 16 minutes were lost due to signal loss.

Has this ever happened on a Wally with an EHD?
Not this particular issue, although I have had OTA timers fail to record from a Wally, for no apparent reason. If I go back and look at the Schedule, the timers are still listed there, but they say "Not Applicable" after both "Recording Started" and "Recording Stopped."

Not this particular issue, although I have had OTA timers fail to record from a Wally, for no apparent reason. If I go back and look at the Schedule, the timers are still listed there, but they say "Not Applicable" after both "Recording Started" and "Recording Stopped."
Oops. I meant to say has the Wally ever deleted timers on its own like some of the Hoppers seem to be doing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts