Timers gone wild

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
I have timers that consistently misbehave. Better Off Ted is one of them. Instead of recording one 30-minute recording, I get anywhere from 15-30 recordings that last from less than a minute to 3 minutes. When I call Dish support, I get the telephonic equivalent of a blank stare.

Has anyone else seen this? Has anyone figured out how to fix it?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    96.2 KB · Views: 154
UNplug your receiver for 1 minute and replug it back in. Also you can hit the power button /red button on 722k and reboot the receiver. IF problems persist , call DISH and get a replacement.

UNplug your receiver for 1 minute and replug it back in. Also you can hit the power button /red button on 722k and reboot the receiver. IF problems persist , call DISH and get a replacement.

I have unplugged and rebooted more times than I can count. Replacing the receiver implies that it's a hardware problem. Since it only happens to a couple of timers, I am guessing that it's related to the software.

Does that make sense?

Delete timers and recreate them . IF that doesn't work add the dish home protection insurance for 5.99 a month. Then call and get a Free replacement for your receiver, then call and cancel the insurance. You can add and remove insurance without any problems, as many times as needed. This is not normal behavior.

This is an old topic, but I thought I would add to it. I returned my 522 and got a 211 with an external hard drive. It is doing the same thing as the 722. It is intermittent. In another thread, someone suggested that if the over the air channel that was tuned in was a little flakey, it might translate to intermittent recording of the Dish channel.

This evening, while recording a 30-minute program over the air with a single continuous 30 minute recording, I watched the Dish channel recording start stop, change the recording time on the latest segment from 2 minutes to 1 minute, and start recording again.

Now this happens on both the 722 and the 211. The only thing in common is the dish itself. When I go to the signal strength meter, I get 57 on the 110 satellite.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to fix this? It's quite frustrating. Thanks for your help.

Now this happens on both the 722 and the 211. The only thing in common is the dish itself. When I go to the signal strength meter, I get 57 on the 110 satellite.
Your example in your OP showed the recording of an OTA channel. That would be coming in through your OTA antenna, not the 110 satellite. If you are indeed tuned to a satellite channel, how did you determine which satellite it was using? Info-Info should work, or Menu 6-1-1 and the display should tell you both satellite AND transponder you are tuned to.

The bottom line is that I do not experience anything like what you are experiencing. When I suffer loss of signal of programs either on my antenna or a Dish channel, then the recording may be shorter, and playing it back displays popups telling me I've lost signal. But I don't get the starts and stops you report from your receivers.

Delete timers and recreate them . IF that doesn't work add the dish home protection insurance for 5.99 a month. Then call and get a Free replacement for your receiver, then call and cancel the insurance. You can add and remove insurance without any problems, as many times as needed. This is not normal behavior.
The new plan is now $6 a month and you can't add and cancel it at will anymore since Feb1. Well you can if you want, but there is a $25 fee to remove it from your account. They caught on to people just adding it for the free service call.

It is happening to one of my Dad's 722's. He has very high signals on all 3 satellites and a very good OTA signal too. Just in last couple of months it has started recording 2 to 3 mins of some shows and skipping timers saying it recorded them but it didn't. I will be calling to get a replacement sent while they are vacation next week. I personally think it is a software problem affecting certain production series of the receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts