Timers shows missing

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
Ok so when we got our hoppers I went online and programmed all the timers into the hoppers now they don't record shows they say user skipped show this and that blah blah. I was wondering because a noticed somewhere else people had problems with online programing their hoppers and timers. If I backed up all timers into the remote and deleted them and then restored them would this fix this problem. Has anyone tried this? Or is the only way to get these to record properly is to manually put them into the hopper with the remote control.

If this is a local channel show being recorded by the Prime Time anytime setup, then this is normal. If not a PTA Event then something is wrong.. Don't waste timers for shows that get recorded by PTA. Save them within PTA if you need to keep them.

Don't waste timers for shows that get recorded by PTA. Save them within PTA if you need to keep them.

If you do that, don't forget to create temporary timers when you go on vacation, or you'll be in for a rude awakening when you get back (depending on the length of the vacation, of course)!

skyviewmark said:
Don't waste timers for shows that get recorded by PTA. Save them within PTA if you need to keep them.

ABSOLUTELY use timers if you want to save shows recorded by PTAT. Let it automatically save for you no reason to waste your time manually saving saving shows.

Sent from my DROIDX

Timers on my Hopper do NOT work on shows that are being recorded by PTA. I can save them from within PTA. But not as a regular timer. If you can get yours to work, please tell me how.. Mine always shows "Skipped by User"..

If you have PTA Active, you will still be in for a rude awakening since it will show the timer "Skipped by User"

No it won't, at least not for me and seemingly most.

Timers on my Hopper do NOT work on shows that are being recorded by PTA. I can save them from within PTA. But not as a regular timer. If you can get yours to work, please tell me how.. Mine always shows "Skipped by User"..

Timers for PTAT work just fine for me. All I do is set up a series timer and works like it's supposed to.

Glad you can get yours to work.. I can set it to save the series from within PTA.. But if I set a normal timer it will never fire for a show during the PTA hours. It always shows "Skipped by User".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)