timers with extended time

sethwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Booneville, AR
I am having trouble when i set a timer and have it end 30-90 minutes afterward.

example-i set a timer to record "How I Met Your Mother" and have it set up to end 90 minutes after to catch the other three shows that follow it. it sets it up and everything looks fine and then the next time i check the schedule, it lists it as ending at the proper time(7:30 CST). is this just mine happening or is it occurring for others? i ended up replacing the timers that i have done this on with manual timers from remote access, but wish it would work itself out.

I am having trouble when i set a timer and have it end 30-90 minutes afterward.

example-i set a timer to record "How I Met Your Mother" and have it set up to end 90 minutes after to catch the other three shows that follow it. it sets it up and everything looks fine and then the next time i check the schedule, it lists it as ending at the proper time(7:30 CST). is this just mine happening or is it occurring for others? i ended up replacing the timers that i have done this on with manual timers from remote access, but wish it would work itself out.

May be a dumb question, but why wouldn't you set individual timers for each show?

If there is something to record right after it tends to trim the padding. The padding is viewed as optional. So, if you have padding set to 30 minutes, but there is a 30 minute show at 8:00 and another show to record at 8:30 it will tend to reuse the tuner (usually #2) at 8:30 to record the second show, leaving no padding on the first show.

The best thing to do is as mentioned above put a timer for the second 8:30 show instead of trying to get it picked up by padding.

yeah, that is what i'm trying to avoid. i hate to record a show and have it miss the last minute or so because the show actually ends at 8:01 or something. plus you save on timers, since dish still has a limit onto how many events or timers are made. i'm not close to that limit but never hurts to combine timers.

i was looking through my timers and found a couple that i set a month or so ago right after i got the box and they are working. just not sure why the new ones i have set are doing this.

Extended Recording

Go to dishnetwork.com, access your account, click on remote access, then choose add recording on left side, a box will popup, choose manual then the rest of your choices. The only way I have found to set a manual timer on the 922.
Hope this helps.

Tim