Timetrax and Server 2003

Plow

Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Hey you all. This is probably a really stupid question, but I thought I would ask it anyway. I just built a new windows 2003 server for my office, and I am interested in moving my Timetrax from an existing XP machine to the server, so I can leave the other one off when I dont need it. The program installs fine, but when I plug in the Timetrax box, Server 2003 says that it is a "unknown device". No drivers, including the ones you can get off the website seem to work. Anyone have any ideas, or am I just out of luck with server 2003?

Plow said:
Hey you all. This is probably a really stupid question, but I thought I would ask it anyway. I just built a new windows 2003 server for my office, and I am interested in moving my Timetrax from an existing XP machine to the server, so I can leave the other one off when I dont need it. The program installs fine, but when I plug in the Timetrax box, Server 2003 says that it is a "unknown device". No drivers, including the ones you can get off the website seem to work. Anyone have any ideas, or am I just out of luck with server 2003?

I would just verify a few things:

1. All service packs / windows updates are up-to-date
2. All USB devices (the Generic Root Hubs and so on) in device manager are functioning properly. (No yellow exlamation marks or anything)
3. Possibly (just shooting in the dark) turn on or off in the BIOS Legacy USB devices
4. Check Windows 2003 security settings for hot / pluggable devices to be allowed.
5. Probably silly to mention - but I will - be sure that you are installing and working with devices while having the proper admin privliges.

To be honest, I have never used TT on a Win2k3 server, hopefully some other users that are can offer some help.

What brand server or type of Mobo (if home built machine)

Good Luck.

This is a home built PC with a iwill KK266-r board. I have both a add-in usb card and the built in usb hub, and both seem to work ok. I think its more of 2003 just not liking the xp drivers from timetrax. I was just hoping it could be a setting or something I can change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)