Tip: Changing Joey Pairing in a Two Hopper System

I would find a good (not from Lowes) 2 way splitter and try that route again. Did you get around to taking the splitter out of the equasion?

i think the way the installer hooked mine up is less than optimal. two taps, splitter, no Joey feed coming off the duo node. I got tired of the hunt and peck fix it myself. I've got the tech coming back Sunday. I'll repost on how that goes.

i think the way the installer hooked mine up is less than optimal. two taps, splitter, no Joey feed coming off the duo node. I got tired of the hunt and peck fix it myself. I've got the tech coming back Sunday. I'll repost on how that goes.

Did he have a good reason to use the taps?

Isn't there a limit on how many splitters/taps/nodes you can have between devices? I thought it was two. So, based on your description, there are three between the Joeys on the three way splitter and the hopper on the other side of the node. (Joey --> 3-way --> tap --> node --> Hopper)

But, I could be wrong. It has happened once or twice... :)

Benyth said:
Isn't there a limit on how many splitters/taps/nodes you can have between devices? I thought it was two. So, based on your description, there are three between the Joeys on the three way splitter and the hopper on the other side of the node. (Joey --> 3-way --> tap --> node --> Hopper)

Nodes do not count against the restriction, just splitters, taps, etc...

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Looking back at the comment I notice that there is yet another tap. So it is: Joey --> splitter --> tap --> node --> tap --> hopper

Is that one too many?

your description is close, to the other hopper it's (Joey --> 3-way --> tap --> node --> tap -->Hopper) I'm not aware of a restriction, but it seems like there is.

Did he have a good reason to use the taps?[/QUOTE

not really, just did it to use the Duo Node outside my house, even though there are plenty of coax lines there that run inside my house.

That seems odd. I put my duo node outside because I only had 2 cables going into my house and I did not want to run a third around the house. The duo node outside made it so easy. All I hade to do it find the correct cables in my basement and put the taps in.

2hopper2joey.jpg
This is a diagram of my house. I hope it makes sense. Looks confusing but it was very easy. I already had 2 cables run around my house, that's why I put the node outside.

My Hoppers and Joeys were all working correctly. The way we determined this was to run a tap from a Hopper down the hall and connect to the misbehaving Joeys (great trick to rule out Dish equipment) . The tech did everything short of pulling new coax and finally got my system working correctly. There must have been a kink in the coax in the attic somewhere.

Mine is the same except for behind one of the Joey legs off a tap is a splitter to serve 2 Joeys. It works, just not correctly/consistently.

This might be why It's not consistent

Tap
Taps are used to create a host line and client line from a single host line off of a Node. Think
of it as creating a line for a Hopper and Joey from a single host line.
• Limited to one Tap per installation
• One TO NODE port supported
• One TO HOST port supported
• One TO CLIENT port supported

Key line is limited to one Tap per installation

I have 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys and each Joey can only see the paired Hopper. I have no idea how it was wired regarding splitters, nodes etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)