Tips on wiring a simple system

agrolingua

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
NE WI
I am rewiring my small Dish system because I got a new TV. So, I put the box where TV2 used to be and made TV1 into TV2. Sounds confusing, but I have almost everything working. I have attached a simple diagram of how I am trying to wire things. I am having one problem. I am not getting an input from the antenna to TV2 (TV1 is great). I know that there is a usable antenna signal up to the first diplexer. But, I am not getting an antenna signal out of the second diplexer. The satellite signal out of the second diplexer is fine.

I assumed that with a diplexer that you could combine 2 signals into one and then seperate them again with the second diplexer. Perhaps I am wrong on this, or the distance is to long for the antenna signal and I am losing it.

Anyone see my folly in this? Is this doable? If it is too complicated I can just buy a small antenna for the second TV. Not a big problem.

Attachments

• cablescheme.pdf
    63.5 KB · Views: 228
If I understand correctly, you have one Dish receiver, an OTA antenna, and 2 TV's. I believe you are using the diplexer incorrectly. It should join the Sat signal and the OTA signal so that both signals are carried over one cable to the reciever. From there the second diplexer provides a SAT signal for the receiver and an OTA signal. Now you can split the OTA signal with a regular splitter to feed TV1 and the other feed can be joined to the TV2 out of the receiver with another regular spliter to carrier both the OTA signal and the TV2 out from the receiver over one cable to TV2 where you can split with yet another regualr splitter to feed your Digital Converter Box and TV2.

Simpler yet: Given your esisting wiring, replace the two diplexers in your diagram with two regular splitters.

Hope this is clear enough. Although it illustrates another purpose for the use of regular splitters, the attached diagram should help. Good luck!

Attachments

• RemoExtend5.jpg
    RemoExtend5.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 600

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)