Tired of fighting non-responding 811HD remote

Rlanham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I got tired of fighting non-responding 811HD UHF remote. Works for a few minutes, then works, then stops. I tried everything, I had remote replaced, tried to eliminate intereferences. I bought a 522 I.R. remote of EBAY for $10 shipped. It was a fix for me since I always have a line of sight when I am using the 811.

Just curious. Did you try extending/relocating the 811's UHF antenna? This solution solves most peoples remote problem's.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Just curious. Did you try extending/relocating the 811's UHF antenna? This solution solves most peoples remote problem's.
NightRyder

I did that with my 522 receiver, & it extended the range, since I use the 522 UHF remote to control it from another room. It didn't help with the 811, and I am only about 10-feet from the 811 in the room I was using the UHF remoe.

I have a response problem with the UHF remote on my 921 whenever my A/V amplifier is powered on. The amp must be emitting some rf that interferes with the remote.

This procedure SEEMS to have helped the range of my 8.0 UHF Pro remote control slightly on my 811. http://ekb.dbstalk.com/33[/url]

Rlanham said:
I did that with my 522 receiver, & it extended the range, since I use the 522 UHF remote to control it from another room. It didn't help with the 811, and I am only about 10-feet from the 811 in the room I was using the UHF remoe.
Too bad. I found that moving my UHF remote on the 811 as little as a couple of millimeters had a dramatic effect on reception of input commands. Works best, for me, at about 20 degrees (i.e. barely above horizontal). I'm only about 12 ft away.

rjruby said:
I have a response problem with the UHF remote on my 921 whenever my A/V amplifier is powered on. The amp must be emitting some rf that interferes with the remote.

That is a possiblility, my A/V Amp is on when ever the 811HD is on.
The UHF remote has been a problem for me ever since I have had my 811. I don't know why I didn't think of trying the 522 IR remote sooner.
Wow, now it actually a pleasure to watch TV again. :D