tired of just getting memphis stations at night so.....

gpollock87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
tommorrow i am going to move my antenna around to different places. I gotta be close to getting them all the time because they pop in now at 6pm to 7pm every night and stay in until 9am the next morning sometimes. at this moment i am getting all memphis stations in between 65% and 80%

tommorrow i am going to move my antenna around to different places. I gotta be close to getting them all the time because they pop in now at 6pm to 7pm every night and stay in until 9am the next morning sometimes. at this moment i am getting all memphis stations in between 65% and 80%

And why are you posting this statement I don't see a question?

Sounds like it. What antenna, what distance?

AH - Ice did an edit while I was typing!

100% try different locations. Even movement of just a foot or two can make a difference. (better or worse) Are you using a Pre-Amp?

Well, OTA reception/antenna location IS at least as much Art as it is Science. I've seen reception improve by moving an antenna a few feet, and I don't think it was trees making the difference.

You have to try moving it around on a day when it is coming in. If navychop is right you might find an area on your property where the signal is stronger. I think you would always be affected by weather conditions though. I know I am.

You have to try moving it around on a day when it is coming in. If navychop is right you might find an area on your property where the signal is stronger. I think you would always be affected by weather conditions though. I know I am.
they always come in right at sunset though. some mornings they are gone at 7am, some mornings at 9am

they always come in right at sunset though. some mornings they are gone at 7am, some mornings at 9am

Is that the case all year? My long distance reception is much better during spring and early summer because Lake Ontario is cool and the air above it is warmer. In fall and winter months I don't get some stations for weeks in a row.

Good luck. According to Solid Signals listing for your UHF antenna it is rated for 60 miles the stations you are trying to receive are 75 miles away. Using the TVfool report Ice posted you have 2 LOS signals when a 10ft mast is selected. At 50 ft. LOS goes up to 5 so you definitely have a heigth problem. With most of your stations listed as 2 edge you need to maximize all reception factors to accomplish your goal.

You need a better antenna and a tower, the CM7777 should work well and aiming the antenna around 250 degrees may work for your location. $$$$$$ is part of the cure and good luck after the changes are made may give you Memphis stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)