Tired of these new channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv newb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
columbus, oh.
I am just kind of ranting and didn't really know where to do it. I have come to a point where I am sick of these stupid "extra" channels such as FXX, fox sports 1, ect... I first got upset when they came out with the stupid channel The big ten network, I felt it was such a rip off and waste of space. I have to have this stupid channel to watch one Buckeye game a year on it, screw them. People don't need FXX, so the one stupid ass show I watch on FX is called "Legit", well, now I can't watch it because they moved it to FXX, what the HELL is FXX. It is so stupid, and I am not going to be a slave to their crap anymore. I don't care if I miss a game or miss a certain series, I am not falling for this unnecessary waste of time and space. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPN KISS MY BUTT!!!!!!!!! I know I sound nutty, but I am done with this crap and I don't care if they put the Ohio State vs. Michigan game on "the big ten rip off network" I will not care and will not be a part of this lunacy.

There are new channels? Those channels you mentioned, have been around for going on over a year now. As for BTN, it has been around for over five years running.

As for who decides if a sporting event will be broadcast in a market, leave that up to the Black Out rules, that created that problem. Then again, there are ways around the black out, so you can watch the game online.

FXX and FS1 are just renamed channels

FS1 use to be Speed
FXX use to be Fox Soccer (IIRC)

oh and FS2 use to be Fuel

I am just kind of ranting and didn't really know where to do it. I have come to a point where I am sick of these stupid "extra" channels such as FXX, fox sports 1, ect... I first got upset when they came out with the stupid channel The big ten network, I felt it was such a rip off and waste of space. I have to have this stupid channel to watch one Buckeye game a year on it, screw them. People don't need FXX, so the one stupid ass show I watch on FX is called "Legit", well, now I can't watch it because they moved it to FXX, what the HELL is FXX. It is so stupid, and I am not going to be a slave to their crap anymore. I don't care if I miss a game or miss a certain series, I am not falling for this unnecessary waste of time and space. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPN KISS MY BUTT!!!!!!!!! I know I sound nutty, but I am done with this crap and I don't care if they put the Ohio State vs. Michigan game on "the big ten rip off network" I will not care and will not be a part of this lunacy.

Well, if you throw ABC in there as well, seeing it owns the ESPN channels, you can skip the Buckeyes games all together, seeing they are on ESPN, ABC and 2 on the BTN yearly.

Why do people assume that because they find a channel to be useless and junk, that everyone feels the same way about that channel?

FXX is great, it has always sunny and the league

This is EXACTLY the point. There was NO NEED to create FXX, it just took some of the shows from FX and has a ton of reruns. Why can't those shows stay on FX and not need to have this new pointless channel created? Now we have to pay for 2 channels where there used to be 1. See also: Every channel that has sister networks.

This is EXACTLY the point. There was NO NEED to create FXX, it just took some of the shows from FX and has a ton of reruns. Why can't those shows stay on FX and not need to have this new pointless channel created? Now we have to pay for 2 channels where there used to be 1. See also: Every channel that has sister networks.
Well, for Fox the decision was simple. Either shut down Fox Soccer and make less money or convert it to another channel and make more money. If you were in their position, you probably would have made the same choice.

They did that, because they own the station and still hold the license to use that channel. Why not move other things to FXX, instead of filling up FX with them.

I am sure that if you contacted FX notworks, they would be sure to listen to you for the next change.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)