Titans - Dolphins Moved To Saturday

Status
Please reply by conversation.

seadog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Quick Sunday Ticket question: The MIA-TEN game has been moved to Saturday due to the storm. Can I still expect to get in via NFL Sunday Ticket?

This is a tricky one. A few years ago a Sunday game got moved to Monday, resulting in two Monday night games. The rules apparently were that if there was more than one game on at a time, NFLST covered it, and it did. (Speculation that if there were two Sunday night games, NFLST would also cover.) As this is moving to Saturday with no other NFL games going on at the time, I don't know.

Does anyone know the detailed NFL broadcast rules?

It should be covered as D* has agreed to provide the game ... network coverage etc has been planned for. Since this is obviously not a local game for you, you should not have an issue.

Perhaps since this will be the only game on saturday, NFL will make it a national game and every one will get to see it. I'm assuming the HD truck will still be scheduled since it's still at the same venue

CBS won't pull the US Open off for this game. I would assume the NFL ST will carry it and local CBS in Miami...

I contacted DirecTV and they said they will be showing the game on NFL ST on Saturday but it won't be in HD like is was supposed to be. :(

Chris

someone else contacted D* and they said it wont be in HD, since ST doesn't have a contract for games moved put on saturday, So I'm not sure...

The game should still be hd, so why D* would drop it doesn't make sense

I'm not a subscriber to Multichannel News, but they say D* WON'T carry the game!
DirecTV Shut Out of Miami-Tennessee NFL Game

By R. Thomas Umstead -- Multichannel News, 9/9/2004 4:40:00 PM

Abstract: “NFL Sunday Ticket” subscribers will not have live access to Saturday’s rescheduled Tennessee Titans-Miami Dolphins NFL game

That's all the info I could get.

Pablo at DirecTV has told me the game will be shown live on channel 711 on Saturday. I guess we'll have to wait until game time to now for sure... :)

From today's Miami Herald:

The game will be broadcast by CBS in South Florida and in four markets in Tennessee. The game will not be available on national or cable television and will not be aired on DirecTV even for customers with the Sunday NFL Ticket package.

According to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, the NFL did not wish for the game to be carried nationally so as to not hurt ratings for scheduled college football games.

Can local CBS affiliates broadcast it as part of their alternate digital channels?

switch your locals for the day

If you have an miami address and a miami phone number or Tennesse, you could switch you locals for a day and then switch it back after the game. I am tempted. Heck the Dolphis are the main reason I get the Sunday ticket, so I can watch it live!!!! :mad:

Isn't this wonderful?

Here is what happened with DTV and me today:

Called them at 1:30 or so Mountain Time, girl answers, says that due to overwhelming customer complaints, the game WILL be shown LIVE on Saturday on channel 711.

Then I see many contradictory reports online, so tonight I call again to make sure. Another lady answers and says the game WILL be shown LIVE tomorrow. I ask if she is sure, since I've seen so many people saying otherwise. She asks the sports director or whatever he is called, then confirms that the game will NOT be on live, because the NFL said so.

I ask for a supervisor. He is a dick. I ask for some sort of compensation since I'm not getting what was advertised and what I paid for. He says that they cannot offer any compensation without the NFL's permission! I say "So you couldn't even give me a free month of HBO without the NFL's permission?" and he says "yes". Then he says "well, if you divided the amount of games every week and all, you'd only be entitled to $1.50 or so, so I could give you a cash credit for that". Then I say "HEY! Wait! You just said you could do NOTHING without the permission of the NFL!".

I had to keep track of how many lies these idiots told me!

As soon as my one-year deal is up (I just got this a month or so ago) the DirecTV dish is going in the trash in favor of Dish Network.

f**k DIRECTV AND THE NFL.

E

I ask for a supervisor. He is a dick. I ask for some sort of compensation since I'm not getting what was advertised and what I paid for.

No offense, but you're being the dick here. The NFL is not allowing this to be broadcast nationally, not DTV. You don't deserve any compensation for what you just described.

Doh!

As soon as my one-year deal is up (I just got this a month or so ago) the DirecTV dish is going in the trash in favor of Dish Network.

Just out of curiosity, What do you think D* should do about this. The phrase "Act of God" comes to mind here. Changes were made that were beyond D*'s control. I am sure that when you go to E* you will find their NFL-ST package to be eminently satisfactory. :eek:

"NEWS at 11...... Dish rage. #1 cause of heart disease" :shocked :shocked

:p

i think we should have got the game but man calm down guys it was one game a crappy game at that and was moved because of the hurricane.

kinda suprised the nfl didn't have directv carry it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Poor Picture Quality, What's the Problem ?

from VOOM to D*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts