This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

TiVo and HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johncop

Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
I have a tivo and would lke to get HD without spending the $1000 bucks, can I integrate my current Tivo with a standard HD receiver? Will I have to swap tuners or can i access the HD through my current Tivo? Help

You may, SA Tivo units work fine with DirecTV. However, they are single tuner units. If you currently own a "DirecTiVo" This unit will not operate with any other equipment or service. DirecTV only.

If you have the $1000 to spend, you can get it and should receive the Media Center when MPEG4 & HDLIL are released in your market.

johncop said:
I have a tivo and would lke to get HD without spending the $1000 bucks, can I integrate my current Tivo with a standard HD receiver? Will I have to swap tuners or can i access the HD through my current Tivo? Help

If you can hold out a little longer the HR10-250 is bound to come down in price. It's been out for about 9 months now. And, with the MPEG4 announcement it's only a matter of time for the price to drop.

dturturro said:
If you can hold out a little longer the HR10-250 is bound to come down in price. It's been out for about 9 months now. And, with the MPEG4 announcement it's only a matter of time for the price to drop.

Silly Question but doesn't a Stand Alone Tivo only record standard def shows unless you have a High Def Recorder that can handle 1080i Resolution?

I guess that would be your main question.

pyrr said:
Silly Question but doesn't a Stand Alone Tivo only record standard def shows unless you have a High Def Recorder that can handle 1080i Resolution?

I guess that would be your main question.

Well, the HR10-250 is not a standalone nor is it SD. Did you quote the wrong post?

Status
Please reply by conversation.