Tivo conversion from monthly plan to lifetime possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I am considering switching back to cable and looking at the new Tivo model. I have never had a Tivo before and am not sure if my family is going to like it. I like the idea paying for lifetime service up front to eliminate the monthly fees, but want to be cautious and see how it goes first. Is it possible to purchase a Tivo and go month to month first then convert to lifetime later, or do you have to decide at time of purchase and forever stick with that choice?

Im not sure if they still do it, but I did it on my Series 3 when I got ready to sell it. They offered me a deal and I took it, because it greatly increased the resale value. You could always ask them via chat on their site, they are quite helpful.

Yeap. You'll definitely need to call them. Nothing about upgrading in their terms or user agreement.

S~

IIRC, mine was a special offer to keep me when I called to cancel, not something they just offer. Then I got the idea to buy it, and then sell it :)

It isn't a simple yes or no answer. I had much the same thoughts with my Premiere 2 years ago. I started with month to month and two months later attempted to upgrade to lifetime. TIVO refused the upgrade and told me I would need to wait until the end of my 1 year commitment. At the end of the year I called back and had no trouble.

They do have a 1 month change your mind policy and I was told that I could have upgraded during the first month, but not after that until my commitment was up. Stupid policy, but that was my experience.

You can do the year and then buy lifetime, or you can buy lifetime and then return in 30 days if you do not like it.

You also have the option of trying to pick up a TiVo Premier with lifetime on ebay, and you could always sell it if you decide you do not like it. I bought my first 2 TiVos that way, got them cheaper on ebay with lifetime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)