HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
I just realized the back of my TV is like a science experiment

PXL_20230210_222928812.jpg

My Nvidia Sheild Pro is strapped the Wall Mount across from a Netgear 8 Port Switch.
Everything is hard-wired Ethernet. The Sheild, The Sonos Bar, two cables to my Laptop and my old Acer Mini I use to test different Linux distros on (out of frame), and an Ethernet to USB Adapter plugged into the USB 3.0 slot to exceed the 100 Mb/s limitation the TV NIC Cards have.
Hard to make out is a 500 GB SSD Connected to the USB Adapter (The Red Band) as is my shabbily attached LED lighting.
And Coax to my OTA in the attic.

It's a hobby! :)

• Wow
Reactions: navychop and Foxbat
Mine was very similar in the living room until a few days ago.

Something in the sound chip/board went out on my 75in LG. It would no longer process or pass thru Dolby audio just garbled static if a Dolby signal was sensed. I finally ordered a new one then figured out it would still pass thru 2 channel stereo audio if I switched my devices to that, so I could at least still use it. It's now becoming my new patio tv.

Cleaned up and removed a lot of stuff I didn't use anymore. Just antenna coax, optical cable, tv power, hdmi for apple tv and power for the apple tv. All routed nice and tied up out of the way with velco strips. Of course now after 3 days i had to take it all out as the new one has a problem and I have to wait a week for a replacement.:mad:

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA and HipKat
Worst for mine, not just the HDMI cable, but I have a processor with xlr cables going to 7 mono block amplifiers, then the speaker cables, every time I redo something, it becomes a whole day’s project.

Worst for mine, not just the HDMI cable, but I have a processor with xlr cables going to 7 mono block amplifiers, then the speaker cables, every time I redo something, it becomes a whole day’s project.
I've redone this a few times. I can never get the cables as neatly hidden as my Desktop computer so I finally just gave up.

Glad I'm not the only one who does this. My friends just shake their heads

The black Velcro tape is your friend. We use at work to make cable management manageable. If a camera fails we need to be able to remove it and tie wraps need to be clipped and replaced. I ended up getting a roll for all the TV messes at home and at our vacation home.

Reactions: HipKat