Tivo...DVR and ads

This is beyond stupidity. IF they wanted to kill their company DEAD, they couldn't do it any better than pulling this on their customers.

I got a dvr to SKIP commercials, not watch them. Not sure if this will happen on lifetime subs, but it better not... Though I don't have Hydra installed (which is "Experience 4", which are the ones they claim will get the ads)

This is beyond stupidity. IF they wanted to kill their company DEAD, they couldn't do it any better than pulling this on their customers.

I got a dvr to SKIP commercials, not watch them. Not sure if this will happen on lifetime subs, but it better not... Though I don't have Hydra installed (which is "Experience 4", which are the ones they claim will get the ads)

Its supposed to be on everybody with TE 4. You can call in and request it to be removed and they will depending on sub level and time you've been a customer. I'll be calling as soon as I see them, I should qualify as a 6yr customer with 5 lifetime dvrs and 5 mini's.

Reactions: primestar31
Sadly this made me move away from tivo and get the amazon recast dvr as we had fire sticks...they have commercial skip in beta with a rollout soon plus no cost for guide service etc....Tivo acts like they are still the only game in town and they have ZERO apps for other streamers...I dont see tivo making it much longer in the consumer side.

Reactions: ncted and EmCommSat
“Hello, thank you for using our smartphone. Before we complete your call, we’d like to tell you about...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tivo+, Tivo's new AVOD rolling out now. Gonna annoy everyone some more, with an ad line in the guide on each page of the guide, for the Tivo+ service or one of the services within the AVOD.

Sadly this made me move away from tivo and get the amazon recast dvr as we had fire sticks...they have commercial skip in beta with a rollout soon plus no cost for guide service etc....Tivo acts like they are still the only game in town and they have ZERO apps for other streamers...I dont see tivo making it much longer in the consumer side.

People are saying at tivocommunity.com that a simple phone call to a Tivo CSR and asking them to remove this, works. They stop the pre-roll ads with a signal.

I know some hate Hydra but I like it a lot. However I do not like this latest thing too much even though you can just skip the commercial. I haven't seen this yet being on a Roamio Pro with TE4. I am more concerned about this Tivo+ trash which is giving some boxes the fits. I've read the content on there isn't very good and am not looking forward to seeing that in the guide.

I was able to get a deal for lifetime on my roamio and took it earlier this month. The math isn't working for me right now getting away from cable tv service. It is especially an issue with sports. When I add up what the monthly costs would be between just internet service and different streaming services combined to get something similar to what I have, it's not worth it for me.

Been trying to get away from tivo too. Feels like this company is just dying a long slow death. The Xg1v4 from xfinity isn't that great. The only positives of that DVR is the guide info is from Gracenote, making it much more accurate than what Tivo changed to a few years back. This seemed like a good idea ( HDHomeRun PRIME 6 - SiliconDust ) combined with channels plus service but the release is now for sometime in 2020. Think it be a nice replacement but I would need to invest in a apple tv 4k for the channels plus app.

Probably will just hold on to my Roamio for another year and again see what's out there.

Reactions: osu1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts