Tivo DVRs and phone lines

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for the quick reply Iceturkee

Thanks for the quick reply Iceturkee

Much appreciated

Johnny

johnny, welcome to satguys. your hr20 will work fine without the phone line. but you will have to order pay-per-view, either on the phone or online.

btw, an update....since i switched back to digital phone service from bhn (instead of vonage), my tivo works fine....as i recall it did the first time i tried this.

but anybody with a tivo unit, i just received my 6.2 software upgrade (the tivo was installed 4/21). is that the upgrade that was necessary when daylight savings time was changed? or is this something new? thanks.

Should be the DST fix (as well as any others if you haven't updated in a while).

i was trying to read the message but i didn't see all of it....although, i saved it.

lets put it this way, before it was reinstalled, the last call was december 05...so yeah, it had been awhile. that's why i was asking what else that update would have covered!!!

As an installer,

This phone thing will not go away. If there was ever a time when the phone was needed that time has gone.

And me quoting me, " I have been here for four hours... the customer has no TVs here and he will not sign the acceptance form...........four receivers times $5.00 is twenty bucks less for this installation. I'm leaving".......contractor office.."we can get the phone back charge lifted if you stay to get this done."

(TVs still in the moving van en route )

Still have not been paid for any of that job...but I did sue the contractor and won in district court... now to find my money for this and several others.........rascals & thieves !

Joe

I have had my DTV Tivo R10 in a box for a while, during renovations. It isn't hooked up to a phone line, but, when I try to record a program from DTV, it says I first have to plug in and make a phone call. Who is this calling? and why do I have to call when I have DTV guide on screen to pick the recording I want?

I have had my DTV Tivo R10 in a box for a while, during renovations. It isn't hooked up to a phone line, but, when I try to record a program from DTV, it says I first have to plug in and make a phone call. Who is this calling? and why do I have to call when I have DTV guide on screen to pick the recording I want?

if this is the first time the receiver or access card are being activated it has to contact D* before the dvr service becomes active.

Thanks ShadowEKU, as a matter of fact this is a replacement refurb box and the card needs to be matched up again... thank you for giving me a duh moment. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)