Tivo Edge Over the Air DVR Sale - $100 Off!

I've had TIVOs for a decade. The only time I ever needed a third tuner was when I had a TIVO MINI connected. The mini would steal a tuner

Been happy with my TIVO Edge (Antenna) for 3 years but Friday it started acting up and got intermittent black screen. Wife reported Tivo Mini would report Tivo Edge not connected. Did my usual search on internet for trouble shooting and common failure is hard drive bad or MB bad. I figured I could test the 2TB hard drive so I took the Edge apart and connected the drive up to my computer and discovered it had Linux formatting which I cannot do. But the drive was detected and wanted me initialize it for NTFS. Seems the MB is bad. All three LED lights flashing. So I decided to replace it.

Discovered my 4 Tuner 2TB version has been discontinued but Tivo is still selling the 2 Tuner 500Gb version. So I ordered it. My thinking is that I never needed more than 2 tuners anyway. One for the Tivo Mini and one for the local Home Theater. On very rare occasions, I might need to record a show while watching another show and wife was watching a third channel with the Mini. I also have Apple TV for mostly internet TV but the TIVO was a great backup for the IPTV channels.

I would have opted for a different make system but could not find anything to match my needs. OTA, DVR, with one remote room, 4K output, and offer commercial skip with no monthly service fee.

Is there a reason why no company has offered something to compete with Tivo Edge?

Since the HD appears OK, I will make good use of it reinitialized in my computer.

I have had two lifetime Tivo Bolt's die on me with MB issues in the last couple of years. I was planning to give up and tried a Tablo but he OTA tuner was worse then the Tivo's.

I decided to give Tivo one more try and was able to get a refurbished lifetime Edge for $149.00 from Tivo since my Bolt was less then 2 years old.

I assumed it was the 2 tuner model but to my surprise it was a 2TB 4 tuner model.

Now if it will just last more then two years!