tivo for fta receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rbrueske

Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
i want to buy an fta receiver & tivo brand pvr that will play nicely with each other. specifically, i would like to be able to program tivo to record specific channels at specific times so i can time shift the programming. the programs would be in the middle of the night so the entire process has to be automated. i would like tivo to make a satellite receiver go to the correct channels and do whatever is necessary. are there ways to do this with as little effort as possible? (e.g. i don't want my computer to have to be on and running some program constantly)

for example, is there an IR code repeater that would work between tivo and a receiver. does anyone have any experience setting up a tivo to record multiple fta programs on multiple channels on a schedule? any suggestions on hardware would be helpful.

i want to buy a tivo brand because they seem to have the most flexibility with recording multiple sources (antenna/satellite) and they are opening up their software to plugins.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US! Nice first post! I am sure someone out there is doing this right now and will be able to answer your questions soon, check the below link to the closest thing I have seen to what you are looking for, all the best!

http://www.global-cm.net/Pansat5000HC.html

you could use a stand alone Tivo with the receiver. The only issue is, most clocks in FTA receivers are off, so they are useless

So unless the Tivo has a IR repeater to turn the channel, you may have to go with what PSB mentioned

One of our techs has successfully installed on a series one TIVO the ethernet and Fortec IR code. Works flawlessly with the TIVO controlling the Fortec channels and recording. Problem with TIVO is that most FTA channels are not listed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)