3688 Information

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I have completed the first step of updating the 3618 to a 3688, I bought a remote. Does anybody know of any web sites that tell what the buttons on the 3688 remote do and if the are any instruction manuals for the 3688? Figure I might as well research this instead of jumping right into it, may save some grief in the long run.

This should get you started. Other than that just spend time with it. It took me a few days to figure it out myself.

http://www.mpeg2fta.com/satwork_st3688.htm
http://www.roxsat.com/3688SYSMENU.htm

Diamond Jim said:
I have completed the first step of updating the 3618 to a 3688, I bought a remote. Does anybody know of any web sites that tell what the buttons on the 3688 remote do and if the are any instruction manuals for the 3688? Figure I might as well research this instead of jumping right into it, may save some grief in the long run.

Not yet. I hope to sometime soon. It is on it own right now.

Diamond Jim said:
Have you figured out how to manually enter the PIDS?

How are you using the receiver, on it's own or as a slave? I am using it as a slave.

ken2400 said:
This should get you started.

Ken,

Thanks for the information, I printed it out, it should be of great assistance. Plan to do the upgrade in the next day or so. Also, you might want to get in touch with Pete (PSB) he PM with the procedure for entering the PIDS manually.

Thanks again.

On my 3688, You enter pids manually by, Select menu button,select Channel manager,
then select edit button which is yellow on my remote, then arrow down to change pids
exit and save changes, Hope this applys to Your question

Covack said:
On my 3688, You enter pids manually by, Select menu button,select Channel manager,
then select edit button which is yellow on my remote, then arrow down to change pids

Covack,

Thanks for the information. PSB sent me something like that, but your method looks a lot less complicated. I haven't upgraded yet, I have been doing a lot of research and I have decided that the terminology of the two receivers are about the same. Hope I don't have any problems figuring things out.
Thanks again.

Covack said:

Covack,

This helps, but I can't figure out how to match the PIDS with the FR and SR I want to change. I did it once, but I can't do it again.

Diamond Jim, sorry I hadn't got back to You sooner, I been out of pocket, i will try
tommorrow and see if i can play around with my 3688, and see if i can do anything
with the pids, SR, and frequency.

This works. I tried it last night and received NASA off 119W. I want to try the other method tonight.

Covack said:
exit and save changes, Hope this apples to Your question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)