Satellite information

Status
Please reply by conversation.

amarketingman

Original poster
Jun 23, 2016
Texas
can anyone please tell me a little bit about this satellite dish. I'm about to go pick it up and want to know if I'm able to use it for C band or ku band or anything else. I also want to see if it has a mover already attached to it. Thank you so much for your time.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1466698153983.jpg
    FB_IMG_1466698153983.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: Titanium
:welcome to the forum amarketingman.
Nice find for a C/Ku dish setup. Looks to be a 10' Uni-mesh. Would be even nicer if it were a perforated dish. :)
Depending on how long it has sat without servicing you might get away with minimal repairs/servicing to get it working good again.
The actuator looks to be a well made one. All you need is a dish controller and a receiver :) and maybe a different LNB(F) setup

:welcome to the forum amarketingman.
Nice find for a C/Ku dish setup. Looks to be a 10' Uni-mesh. Would be even nicer if it were a perforated dish. :)
Depending on how long it has sat without servicing you might get away with minimal repairs/servicing to get it working good again.
The actuator looks to be a well made one. All you need is a dish controller and a receiver :) and maybe a different LNB(F) setup
thank you so much for your reply. So you're saying it is both ku and c band ready? And it does have an actuator to move it? Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge I am just now getting into this.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Looks to be approximately 8 -10 foot mesh dish and in good condition. Definitely C-band capable and should have decent KU performance if the reflector is not warped. A perforated reflector is a smooth surface with small holes punched. A perforated type reflector has higher performance, but are rare to find.

Might have both C and KU LNBs or and LNBF under the feedhorn cover. You will need to remove the cover to find out what electronics are under the hood.

If the feedhorn polarity is controlled by a servo motor, you can either use a controller with polarity servo capability (like the ASC1) or swap out the feedhorn for a LNBF. This is less expensive, but will have less ability to optimize and has slightly lower performance.

The motor (actuator) is powered by 24-36Vdc, so you will need a controller to interface with a DVBS2 MPEG2/4 receiver to move the dish.

The system might include an old legacy IRD that can be used to manually position the dish and select polarity. This is a great option for testing, but a PITA for daily use.

While it may not be the best for Ku it should do fine. And yes there is an actuator pictured. You need something to power and control the actuator like a Titanium ASC1 or a VBox

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Looks to be approximately 8 -10 foot mesh dish and in good condition. Definitely C-band capable and should have decent KU performance if the reflector is not warped. A perforated reflector is a smooth surface with small holes punched. A perforated type reflector has higher performance, but are rare to find.

Might have both C and KU LNBs or and LNBF under the feedhorn cover. You will need to remove the cover to find out what electronics are under the hood.

If the feedhorn polarity is controlled by a servo motor, you can either use a controller with polarity servo capability (like the ASC1) or swap out the feedhorn for a LNBF. This is less expensive, but will have less ability to optimize and has slightly lower performance.

The motor (actuator) is powered by 24-36Vdc, so you will need a controller to interface with a DVBS2 MPEG2/4 receiver to move the dish.

The system might include an old legacy IRD that can be used to manually position the dish and select polarity. This is a great option for testing, but a PITA for daily use.
thank you for the welcome. I'm sure you guys will be seeing a fair bit of me on this for a while I get this system setup.so it sounds like it's definitely worth picking up.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys amarketingman !!!

Don't be shy at all to jump in here with all your questions! We will be more than glad to help you out!
So if we see lots of you that will be just fine. :)

Hi amarketingman,

There are a great bunch of knowledgeable guys here who helped me immensely, in getting my dish back up and running.
With their assistance, you'll have that dish up and operating in no time.

The dish mover looks like a Super Jack and probably is since that setup looks like it's been up a while. Super Jacks were VERY popular back in the day and this one will probably be OK if the shaft seal hasn't allowed water to get inside the screw enclosure.

And just so you understand, FTA Satellite TV is basically a HOBBY! What I mean by that is DO NOT expect this dish to replace your Direct of Dish subscription TV because your Wife, Children and possibly you won't be happy with an FTA setup only!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)