Tivo Intergration?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jolt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Hi there,
My wife loves the Tivo, and I'm getting a more acclimated with FTA as time goes on. With my next major purchase, I'd like to hook up a FTA receiver up to my big screen TV, and integrate it with the Tivo.

I have a good idea on how to do the Tivo side, but it's the FTA side that I'm running into problems... Are they any FTA units that are compatible with the Tivo IR blaster or Serial cable? If so, are there anyway I can "remap" channels on the FTA side to "dummy channels" on the tivo side.

For Example, I can't get ABC channel 13 out of Toledo, but I have a entry in the Tivo for ABC on channel 13. Could I remap WPRU from G10R to "be" channel 13?

I know that daytime TV wouldn't line up, but prime-time programming should pretty much line up (which is when my wife watches TV).

I know that I won't be able to do this "trick" with all of the channels, it would only work for UPN,ABC,CBS, etc affiliates. This would be a great tool for some poeple who has an OTA antenna, but can't get all of the major networks with it. My UPN and CBS, out of cleveland, is terrible.

If the mods want to move this thread, feel free, but I really think this is more of a FTA receiver question than a Tivo question....

Thanks!

I believe you'll find Pansat in the list of recievers that are 'controllable' via the IR blaster.

I've heard there is a way to re-map the channels on the Tivo but I haven't dug that far into it.

I had my Coolsat connected to my Tivo but the recordings just showed up on the Tivo 'now playing' list as the dummy channel I told the Tivo it was recording. I had to maunually tune the Coolsat. It wasn't user friendly in the least bit.

I'll have to play with it some more as I now have a Pansat on the way :)

Shawn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)