TiVo Premiere 4 confirmed early, promises a 4-tuner DVR for the masses

I think Tivo made an error in removing OTA support with it's latest generation devices. If I ever cut the cord, I will definitely want a device that can record OTA channels. Looks like older Tivos will be the best and perhaps only option for that going forward.

The only problem is that the cable company(Charter Cable to CoBridge to Knology & now to WOW!) in my town sucks & it's hard to find something to record with ONE tuner. This DVR receiver is massive overkill for a cable company that doesn't deserve it.

For markets moving to all digital cable it makes a nice set top box. Plus now they can stream to each other if connected on a LAN.

I think Tivo made an error in removing OTA support with it's latest generation devices. If I ever cut the cord, I will definitely want a device that can record OTA channels. Looks like older Tivos will be the best and perhaps only option for that going forward.

Probably the TIVO HD is the best bet, with an upgraded disc. FWIW, the TIVO Premiere has the weakest ATSC tuner of any unit in my house by a wide margin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)