Tivo style search & record

rodlloyd

Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
I had understood that the 522 would be able to search and record programs like a Tivo, in the fall [2004]. Now all I hear about is the update will fix the audio dropout and other small problems.

Is Tivo style search and record still comming?

Rod :(

There's always hope, but don't count on it till you see it. If they can't code the software to keep the audio/video in synch, I hate to see what their attempt and NBR will be.

I think the following fixes should take priority over name based recording:
1. Guide of Death
2. Audio out of sync.
3. Audio skips & pops.
4. Guide of Death!!
5. Audio loss on recordings
6. Signal loss (for no apparent reason).
7. Guide of Death!!!
10. Color fade
11. Weekly re-boot necessity.

And did I mention Guide of Death? Yea, that would be a good one to fix before NBR. :yes

maximum

You forgot the loss of color issue also I have more problems with that than with the audio sync I hate it when everything goes B&W including on screen displays.

Press Guide button at times the system doesn't expect (like when you want to watch a program) and the system freezes and crashes causing it to reboot and going over the now receiving programming information bulljive.

Shadowtester said:
You forgot the loss of color issue also I have more problems with that than with the audio sync I hate it when everything goes B&W including on screen displays.
That's what "Color Fade" meant.

That's when the color fades in and out. It'll be color, fade to black and white then you do a reboot and the color is back. Another wonderful feature of this wonderful box.

ibleedblue said:
That's when the color fades in and out. It'll be color, fade to black and white then you do a reboot and the color is back. Another wonderful feature of this wonderful box.
Dish wants to blame this on your TV. So I guess we all have defective televisions now. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)