TiVo Support for E* HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Maybe call this rumor control, but....while over at the TiVo Community Forum, reading about the rumored TiVo HDTV unit to be released "sometime next year," I noted the following comment:

"Don't hold your breath for a TiVo/cable solution. TiVo has only announced plans to support HDTV on DirectTV and OTA."

Now, does this mean E* folks are screwed?

I hope this is off-base :!:

921 and TiVo

Thanks, yes, I am aware of that. I would prefer to keep TiVo, though, because of the Season Pass option. I was hoping to be able to run my E*signal into an 811, when available, thence to the TiVo.

Re: 921 and TiVo

dendavis said:
Thanks, yes, I am aware of that. I would prefer to keep TiVo, though, because of the Season Pass option. I was hoping to be able to run my E*signal into an 811, when available, thence to the TiVo.

Once their is an SA Tivo-HD you should be able to do that with an 811, however it will cost you $12.95 per month rather then $4.98 or $0 with a 921.

I think they probably have a hard time reencoding the HD material. Therefore they delay their SA model. Chris is right, the 921 is your best bet. You could always sell your 811 later and pick up the 921 when it lowers.

There is almost no chance that a SA HDTV Tivo would support the announced Dish Network HDTV receivers.

Argghh!!! Looks like my only options are:

1. go over to the D* side once they release their HD Directivo; or.

2. hang with my current E*/TiVo, and get an STB for the local OTA's (LA-area). I have a Sony WS5700, and the manual sez I should use Video 5,6 or 7 to receive HD, so I assume (???) the proposed two inputs would not bother each other, since the feed from the TiVo comes in on Video 1 from an 'S' cable; and the HD signal would come in via the DVI to Video 5, etc.

Or am I screwed again??!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)