Tivo vs. 622 DVR

A customer service rep told me they could simply repoint that DISH from 61.5 to 118.75 and I'd get my HD locals back.

He needs a new dish if his locals are on the 118.7 satellite. A dish 500+ or a dish1000+. In addition to the mpeg 4 receiver.

DISH claims that the must carry dish is too small and that the installer claimed he wouldn't be able to find the exact location of the 118.75 satellite. Me? I was just very unhappy they said one thing and not another.

So, where can I get one of those things to split the signal? Somewhere like Radio Shack?

One more quick question: an installer is coming in early January to install my 625. Do I need to do anything special so I can use it on one TV? Someone mentioned splitting the signal. Do I need to buy some kind of signal splitter from a place like Radio Shack? The customer service rep at DISH was very helpful but she didn't know about it and suggested I just wait for the installer to show up. But, instead of there being the chance that the installer doesn't bring what I need I'd like to know.

BTW, the customer service rep raised my price by one dollar to upgrade me from the AT 180 to America's Everything Pack because I have so many receivers, etc that the prices ended up almost matching. It's a shame no one told me about that before! However, I'm glad they finally did tell me. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)