TIVO vs E*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Proof you didn't read what I wrote...

Even if DVRs get manufactured overseas cheaper and more cost effectively, if those DVRs are to be sold within the united states, they must honor US patents.

As if the above statement needs some in depth legal background to make? Anyone doing business inside the US must obey the US patent law, what was your point again?

...what will be the inevitable outcome of this trial, which will be one of two things.

1) A settlement is reached because the coffers are dry, Dish's ideal situation.
2) The infringement verdict finally sticks, which is Tivos ideal situation.

None of the above your new predictions has anything to do with your initial prediction that the judge will rule complete in TiVo's favor.

On 1), now your prediction is there will be a settlement, which will be E*'s ideal situation. Did you just rule out your previous prediction that TiVo will get everything from the judge?

What about 2)? What are you talking about the infringement will finally stick? Have you not already learned the infringement verdict was final after the Supreme Court refused to hear E*? Which infringement verdict did you mean that did not stick and needed to be stuck again?

The later of which I suspect only because it directly ties to whats going on with the global economy, and the roll the US is intended to take in it in terms of invention and innovation...and Clinton's vision of it, and the fact that Folsom is Clintons boy.

What vision? You could not even spell out such vision, rather change your predcition as you go along.

Now you see? Theres my point, as you can see it has nothing to do with your interpretation or any of the other gibberish you've been babbling about for the last several posts.

You never had a point, every time I poked a hole in your so called breadth of legal knowledge, you changed your point, and you still do not have a point sadly.

Yawn...here we go again...for your entertainment, everyone... :)

As if the above statement needs some in depth legal background to make? Anyone doing business inside the US must obey the US patent law, what was your point again?

Go back and read it...

None of the above your new predictions has anything to do with your initial prediction that the judge will rule complete in TiVo's favor.

On 1), now your prediction is there will be a settlement, which will be E*'s ideal situation. Did you just rule out your previous prediction that TiVo will get everything from the judge?

What about 2)? What are you talking about the infringement will finally stick? Have you not already learned the infringement verdict was final after the Supreme Court refused to hear E*? Which infringement verdict did you mean that did not stick and needed to be stuck again?

Here we go with the famous myoung flim-flam speech....:D

1) This was a prediction I made a LONG time ago (in case you remembered...you obviously didn't)...you may not recall, but I included it here only because I did say it a while back and I'm owning up to in now in the present. Its still a possiblity, but I'm not as confident that will be the case given the current state of affairs in the world.

2) This is my most recent prediction given the U.S. 'regime change', the global economy worsening, and the focus on globalization that I'm sure is going to happen as a result of it. Given Folsoms ties with Bill, this is definitiely a possibility.

I'm not stuck in the slightest. Perhaps you didn't hear...I'm sorry, but there has been no ruling as to whether or not the new DVRs infringe or not...I'm glad I can be the first to tell you. You see, eventually there will be a FINAL decision here...and it hasn't happened yet. But when it does, I'm sure it will be a winner-take-all thing that deals with creative 'work arounds' by either Dish, D* or anyone else.

What vision? You could not even spell out such vision, rather change your predcition as you go along.

I spelled it out quite clear...its your 'lack of vision' that is the problem...you want to desparately believe things about me that, sadly, aren't true. All your posts consists of are personal attacks against me, lies, slander, and you making up things as you go about what you think I mean or am saying...instead of just READING it. I don't waste words like you. My thoughts are clear, consise, and to the point. Maybe its your habit of wasting words that is causing you to search for complexity where none exists...

You never had a point, every time I poked a hole in your so called breadth of legal knowledge, you changed your point, and you still do not have a point sadly.

When have you poked a whole in anything? You've been arguing with yourself this whole dang time leaving my point alone completely! lol...the only one who keeps changing what my point supposedly is, is YOU! LMAO!! I've only elaborated on certain elements to make it clearer for you so you don't have to continue fabricating things, and gave you a little history in case you might actually remember some of it...

You are not helping your case any, you problem is entirely personal here and you are doing little to redeem yourself. The fact that you've made it so personal can only be an indication of one thing...

...you've already lost a long time ago. :D

Go with God, jacmyoung...

Last edited:
Wow! I guess that means I can freely post my opinions in the D* forums! :D

yes of course vampz. you and everyone else has the right to post where ever they want. that includes the war zone which hasn't been much of a war zone for a while:D
so i expect to see you in the D forums and i welcome it. the only thing we are all obligated to is following the rules of this site. there are no rules that would keep you from posting in the D forums or any where else. :)

yes of course vampz. you and everyone else has the right to post where ever they want. that includes the war zone which hasn't been much of a war zone for a while:D
so i expect to see you in the D forums and i welcome it. the only thing we are all obligated to is following the rules of this site. there are no rules that would keep you from posting in the D forums or any where else. :)

Well said rey:up

How about that tivo/dish network case.......:eureka

You know anything new?:)

Based on the court schedule, after the New Year at the earliest.

But unless there will be something Earth-shaking, if all goes based on the court schedule, and what we know about the E* new design around, it will be a boring 6 months at least, if we are lucky to have any ruling from the bench trial.

As I said unless E* simply made up their new design around, there is very little chance the new design will be found an infringement.

After that TiVo can appeal, or take whatever the additional damages (between $16 million and $26 million by my estimate) and wrap up the whole thing without been able to touch any E*'s DVRs again.

Of course a lot of things can happen out of the courtroom.

Thanks...but realistically speaking, those that do not want me in the D* forums do not even want me here at satguys, so I don't need to go soldiering thru their turf like I own the place...

...and in all honesty, I do not think those individuals are wrong. Just as I believe in the sanctity of the E* forum for E* subs to discuss things from an E* perspective, I believe in the same for D* forums. If a Tivo/Dish thread is started in the Dish forums, than I believe that thread should be for discussion of the issues from an E* perspective and the point of view of the E* subs who are affected by it. If a combative discussion is desired, we have a warzone for that. This perfectly good thread in an E* forum has been dominated by an ex-E* sub and a Tivo-fan who have no vested interest in E* what-so-ever, and to me that just doesn't seem right. Not that they aren't entitled to their opinion, but there is always the proper time and place in which to express that opinion. I don't believe this was the right place...and right places for these types of discussions are available here at satguys, so taking over an E* thread for the sake or argument does not really seem necessary...not when we have a warzone and so forth where the discussion/argument can be better appreciated by more like-minded individuals who frequent those venues...

Now if I may illustrate my point by example, lets take a forum dedicated to the New York Yankees, and lets say a thread starts regarding the Red Sox. Most certainly that thread is intended to reflect on the Red Sox from the perspective of the Yankee fan...but does that give Red Sox fans the right to interject and state their opinions? Certainly they are as entitled to their opinions as anyone else, but is that the proper venue for them to voice their opinions? In a yankee forum with complete disregard that the intended purpose of that forum is for discussion between Yankee fans? No, that would be considered trolling, and that is also why sports forums tend to be strictly moderated... ;)

So in conclusion, that is why I maintain my position that a Tivo thread in an E* forum is for discussions from an E* perspective, and why I believe those without a vested interest in E* can be regarding at times as trolling. And in defense of my opinion I would also like to point out that I practive what I preach. As stated, I have all but two posts in the D* forum, and do not post there regularly out of respect for that environment and whatever perceptions my posting there would lead to, or whatever arguments my differences of opinion may insite. I realize my opinions do not belong there, that is not the time and place for an argument from an E* sub, and thus I don't post there. In turn, I do recognize that there is a time and place for my opinions, and that is why I've limited my more controversial viewpoints to being posted in the warzone (back when it was a warzone). The only time I've ever taken up arms outside the warzone is in situations like this where...well...the warzone comes to me. :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you in advance for not flaming me for it...

Cheers,
-V

E* just appealed the bench order, as I have argued it may not be a proper order.

figures....

just like I said a long time ago when this whole thing began. I said Dish was going to use their deep pockets and litigate this thing to death until it disappears into the ether...I remember HDfan back and 'another forum' having a total hissy...yet I was right, he was wrong...and here we are today...

But than again, what do I know...I only have a stupid certification just so I can write up my own expert witness testimony without a paralegal... :)

BTW: You were right when you said that a lot of things can happen outside of the courtroom...I just don't think you have a clue how right you are!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

STRANGE ERROR!!

purchase or lease a second VIP 211?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)