TIVO vs E*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now I have never ever used the report button at Satguys, ever, but if you continue like this against the mod's warning I may finally use it for once.

I predicted that you would find a way to turn a newly-awarded patent into a liability. You did exactly what I predicted. The bias you show is so thick it would take a diamond-coated saw blade to cut through it. I think it's only fair that others know that you have absolutely no desire to have an honest, open discussion about DISH's utter failure to defend themselves against a valid patent.

What I didn't predict, and I am somewhat shocked by this, is that your feelings would be so hurt. So I apologize for that.

Ti Vo thought of new claims. The USPTO doesn't issue two patents for the same thing. The specification may be the same but it's the claims that get granted. They are considered new and standalone in the case of independent claims.
That's about as clear as mud. :confused: In what sense is this new patent a continuation (your word), when two patents cannot be granted for the same thing?

OK, I'll interpret your reply to mean that this is an independent collection of claims, completely separate and standalone (your word again) and distinct from any and all earlier Tivo patents, and therefore have their own 20yr lifetime starting today.

So, this new patent (if really standalone) has no bearing whatsoever on the current litigation between Dish and Tivo. Is that about it? One wonders why you think this means anything about the reexam of the earlier separate, distinct, and standalone claims?

Yup. Tivo attempting to hijack E*s superior technology. Thanks for posting. Now everyone can see for themselves who the thief REALLY is. Let's see, consumer terrorism, technology hijacking, is there no end to the mayhem Tivo is prepared to cause just to avoid actually having to work for a living? Lol..it just amazes me sometimes...
OK, you may be suckering me in with the above but I cannot resist.

TiVo filed for this years ago. It was being reviewed by the patent office through the first trial and through Dish's ex parte re-review of the Time Warp patent. This patent is a simple extension of that one adding new claims that were not in the original patent. The patent application for this predates any of the technology you claim is being hijacked. So it makes no sense that you are implying that this is an example of patent trolling, technology hijacking, or consumer terrorism. This is just another piece of IP that was disclosed a long time ago. DTV, Sling, Dish, Comcast and others all have IP in this field, a lot of it overlapping. Insulting TiVo for simply being a member of the club seem disengenuous to me.

Now I know you consider almost all this IP to be obvious, but that claim also applies to the other members of the club, not just TiVo. I have not seen you rail against E*, D*, Comcast or others for protecting their "obvious" IP. Once I see that I will believe that your displeasure is genuine and fairly applied. So far I have not (but admit I have not looked either).

Yes the whole system is a mess, but to my mind it is because it has become wholly biased in favor of deep pockets and NOTHING else. You are landing squarely on the side of the debate that favors deep pockets over actual innovation. But that doesn't match your personna, it confuses me.

One more point. TiVo has worked hard for their living. They have produced products, they have marketed, they have made deals, and yes, they have sued. They are certainly not trying to ride a litigation gravy train. Real patent trolls make no effort to manufacture their faux IP. That is not happening here. So that argument also doesn't make sense to me.

Despite your sometimes over the top rants, I still respect your opinions. This time I ask you to apply some balance here.

balance...ok, tivo is not as bad as most patent trolls... :)

seriously, let's not sugarcoat the issue. its no secret that I consider tivos conduct to be disgraceful thru-out this nonsense. and I find tivo to be a disgrace for failing to innovate their product while bullying and strong-arming those who suceeded where they failed. succeeded in building a better DVR!

tivo is trying to make their money in the courtroom, not the market, and that's not called working hard. that's called hardly working.

and I am sorry...this new patent reeks of post litigation cya...

I see Vampz’s point in that you TiVo folks actually proved his point by making this sorry new patent an issue as if it will have some kind of spell over any future litigations. Such attitude by itself is a trolling mentality.

There is absolutely no indication that TiVo may file a new lawsuit using this new patent, against anyone, TiVo did not even have the balls to continue to pursue the hardware claims infringement, despite the fact the jury had found in TiVo’s favor on the hardware claims, and even though the appeals court overturned the verdict almost on technicality, it said TiVo may continue to pursue it, and further more, Judge Folsom even tried to help TiVo to re-adjudicated the hardware claims, under all those favorable conditions, TiVo had no balls to carry the hardware claims further. How much encouragement does one need before one would try to pursue an issue?

So please when you TiVo folks are trying to immerse yourself in some futuristic fantasy game, at least take a moment to review what TiVo may or may not do, based on their past behavior.

Take care of this contempt issue, next, take care of the new DE case. Be realistic.

... and I find tivo to be a disgrace for failing to innovate their product while bullying and strong-arming those who suceeded where they failed. succeeded in building a better DVR!

tivo is trying to make their money in the courtroom, not the market, and that's not called working hard. that's called hardly working.

:up

seriously, let's not sugarcoat the issue. its no secret that I consider tivos conduct to be disgraceful thru-out this nonsense. and I find tivo to be a disgrace for failing to innovate their product while bullying and strong-arming those who suceeded where they failed. succeeded in building a better DVR!

Exactly !

I'd bet tivo's legal team would disagree. :)

This is exactly what you are saying, when you same the patent system is a joke.

So, you are in effect making fun of your own posts.

The patent system, in spite if its intended purpose, has become a joke...thanks to greedy lawyers, patent trolls, and companies like Tivo who refuse to innovate their product and want to stifle the innovation of others...

thats the joke..

Just so you actually can pretend to know what you are talking about when you attempt to paraphrase me...

I doubt it...considering making money in the courtroom is their goal as well...

yeah, but they're working hard...not hardly working....just making a joke....

i'm getting out of this slugfest. :)

I think we need to put you guys in a rubber-room and lock the door. :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I am reviewing the entire transcript right now, it will take a while, could be a few days even, but I can promise you when I am ready to quote it, it will be short and to the point.

The only thing is it is a very long one and too much in there is TiVo's garbage as I had said even before I had the chance to read it, so it is a matter of taking the time to weed out all the nonsense and point out what the E* lawyer had succeeded to get the TiVo's expert to admit in the hearing what kind of things the E* new design no longer does.

Give me some time, you will not be disappointed:)

The patent system, in spite if its intended purpose, has become a joke...thanks to greedy lawyers, patent trolls, and companies like Tivo who refuse to innovate their product and want to stifle the innovation of others...

thats the joke..

Just so you actually can pretend to know what you are talking about when you attempt to paraphrase me...

There you go again. It's ok to steal someone elses idea and profit from it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

STRANGE ERROR!!

purchase or lease a second VIP 211?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)