TLC HD/Discovery HD issues since last night?

jynxsee

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2003
Anyone else seeing TLC HD and Discovery HD pic/sound freeze ups for about 10 - 15 seconds every few minutes. Only seems to be affecting TLC and DSC. I'm getting them on 61.5 and keep getting paranoid it's my new 612...

Mitch29532

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 11, 2008
No, you are not the only one having that problem. It's getting to be a big problem on this end.

hdmi_guy

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 30, 2007
its been freezing up on my also... i checked to see what my signal strength is, i am getting like 70-75% but the weather is kind of crappy right now...

hope the get this solved... anyone find anything out?

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
Yeah this has been happenning alot with my system too,I notice it alot in the mornings when I try to watch "Hauntings" On Discovery HD,although when I switch over to the SD channel it doesnt do this.Soo much for paying extra for HD. Lets hope this gets fixed.Discovery is one of my most watched channels.

hdmi_guy

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 30, 2007
Lets hope this gets fixed.Discovery is one of my most watched channels.

yeah, HD storm chasers sucked last night, little people big world sucked tonight and my wife said it was doing it during bringing home baby this afternoon... i guess its back to SD... :-(

Araloze

Nov 24, 2008
Man this stinks... Me too. But im seeing it on DVR playback... Jon and Kate... Ruined, Little People Ruined, Storm Chaser, and LA INK... GRRR. I thought something was wrong with my VIP622. Every couple mins I warp forward 15 to 30seconds.

My wife pointed something out. This all started when we put in this new sat card... Anyone else?

Dish better fix this crap!

scots

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2006
Raleigh, NC
This has been going on for me since Saturday. I didn't notice it until right after I had installed my new smartcard on Saturday. I thought the new smartcard was the cause at first, but then I saw another thread on here yesterday where several other people were having the same problem. The others didn't mention anything about the new smartcard in their case.

Araloze

Nov 24, 2008
Well I made the call. I wanted to make sure they are getting as many "yes it's happening to me as well" 's as possible so they can get to fixing it!

The CSR kept appologizing and saying that it was the stream that is coming into them that is having the issue not DISH itself...

I clarified with him I was not at all concerned where it was coming from the facts were that I was paying DISH and regardless of where the stream was glitching I was not satisfied with an appology when all 4 of our shows tonight were half cutoff and stuttering my way through family Monday night was not at all acceptable to my wife... even as I type this I can't help but laugh as I hear my wife watching STUTTERING John and Kat +8 skipping around in the other room.

I got my adjustment.

I would recommend we all call so they know we care about what we pay for.

If they have to issue credits for their problems I think they may fix it a tad faster.

fredp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 10, 2008
Williston, Vermont
I've seen this happening for almost a week now on Disc HD. I thought, OK... its only this feed but tonight I had the same issue(only once) on the Sci HD channel. :(

LASooner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 29, 2005
I'm on 110/119/129 and I'm getting it, I see that someone on 61.5 is having problems too, so I'm inclined to believe that it's a problem with the signal Dish is getting if it's happening on both Sats.

fordpre

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 7, 2008
I am having the same issues, only HD Discovery freezing. No new smart card here, so you cannot blame that.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
It started last week or so on Travel HD for me. For a long time I didn't notice it on any other channels, but I had it on Discovery a few times last night. Not as bad as it was on Travel last week though, when it was basically unwatchable.

To the guy who said it was happening on the SD channels too: not in my experience. I checked last week when Travel was literally freezing every couple of minutes on HD, and didn't have a single problem with the SD version. (Aside from the fact that the resolution was the worst I've ever seen on a national channel, but it's always been like that for some reason.)

astraelraen

Nov 20, 2008
My Discovery HD seems fine I've had no problems with Mythbusters & Dirty Jobs and a few other misc shows, but I've had TLC HD doing this exact problem since last Tuesday. It will do it almost non-stop sometimes.

I really hear it from the wife because she can't watch all of her TLC HD shows... good to know its not just me.

Now if DISH would only say what the problem was.

jynxsee

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2003
ok, the 'blackout' issue seems to have corrected. well, it happened few times on Storm Chasers last night, but now I'm getting cruddy/stuttery audio on TLC HD...and only TLC HD...

It'd be nice to know what's going on over at DSC networks lately.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
Monday December 1 the problem is still happenning while watching Discovery channel HD ,I like to watch "Hauntings " everyday ,but for at least the last week ,it frezzes up,usually right before a commercial.Was told problem would be resolved,hasnt happenned yet.Today I had to turn over to SD channel just to be able to watch.Very frustrating? Ask my sister who has cable and discovery in HD even though she gets programs 3 hour later than me,it is not happenning with her when she watches"Hauntings'/. Sounds like to me Dish is trying to blame it on someone else,once again,Its never Dishes problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts