TMC HD

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I was looking at the 250 vs 200 chart and the 250 shows The Movie Channel in HD but I only get SD? Tried changing the guide preferances but could not get it to show in HD.

IF you have SHowtime , you get The Movie Channel in HD. IF you have top 250 , you get the west coast SD versions of The Movie Channel. Similar to Encore pack. If you want the HD Encore channel ,you have to sub to Starz ,otherwise you get just the SD versions in the top 250. Another way to make you pay another $13.00 a month ,in order to get an hd channel.

The main TMC channel is not in the Top250 to my knowledge. TMC-W and TMC-XW is, both in SD and never was in HD.

... Similar to Encore pack. If you want the HD Encore channel ,you have to sub to Starz ,otherwise you get just the SD versions in the top 250.

Not true. Encore East HD is available to 250 subscribers. Encore East SD isn't. I know it's weird. Starz gets you Encore East SD and HD, but no other Encore Channels. 250 gets you Encore West SD and the rest of the pack. If you have 250 and HD, you then get Encore East HD. It boggles the mind. Us in the 250 don't understand why it's the case with Encore, but not The Movie Channel.

HD Free for Life*

* channels available in HD are arbitrarily restricted in some packages. While we may offer an HD equivalent of a channel you receive in SD in your package, we are under no obligation to actually show you the HD channel. When you think about it, we never said "Every Channel Available in HD in your Package will be in HD" Free for Life, so clearly we weren't misleading you or anything.

IF you have SHowtime , you get The Movie Channel in HD. IF you have top 250 , you get the west coast SD versions of The Movie Channel. Similar to Encore pack. If you want the HD Encore channel ,you have to sub to Starz ,otherwise you get just the SD versions in the top 250. Another way to make you pay another $13.00 a month ,in order to get an hd channel.

bzzz wrong Encore HD is included with at250

Not true. Encore East HD is available to 250 subscribers. Encore East SD isn't. I know it's weird. Starz gets you Encore East SD and HD, but no other Encore Channels. 250 gets you Encore West SD and the rest of the pack. If you have 250 and HD, you then get Encore East HD. It boggles the mind. Us in the 250 don't understand why it's the case with Encore, but not The Movie Channel.
Encore has old has been movies..TMC has newer has been movies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts