TNA Wrestling PPV events not in HD

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
Is there a reason that TNA Wrestling pay-per-view events are not offered in HD on Dish Network? I am planning to order tonight's TNA Hardcore Justice. I have never seen any TNA PPV events shown in HD on Dish. I can order the same event in HD on Comcast, but unfortunately my TiVo has rather harsh DRM restrictions.

I do however know that is it being broadcast by TNA in HD...

Here is proof...

Attachments

• tna.jpg
    tna.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 239
maybe Charlie's too cheap to pay TNA Wrestling to broadcast TNA PPVs in HD, i guess the only way us Dish customers get TNA in HD is only TNA Impact! on Spike. meanwhile at least Dish knows WWE is a better product name wise. hence why WWE PPVs are in HD while TNA isn't on Dish Network. because Charlie rather pay Vince McMahon's instead of both Vince McMahon and the Carters.

WWE might be a bigger name,but TNA is a better product. Vince is trying to be as G rated as he can while his wife is running for Connecticut state senate. Trying not to draw too much attention. Beside he absolutely hate cruiserweights and the high fliers and IMHO those types of matches are far more entertaining than the 300 pound slugfests Vince puts out.

WWE might be a bigger name,but TNA is a better product.
TNA is better if you like non-cohesive stunt wrestling... where it is back and forth stunts, ignoring any of the hurt they are supposed to be putting on each other. Granted, their X-Division stuff is remarkable to watch, but more for acrobatics than actual wrestling. WWE is a boring product, with their shows being almost a waste of time, containing more filler than wrestling. But the actual wrestling is certainly better.
Vince is trying to be as G rated as he can while his wife is running for Connecticut state senate.
Linda McMahon is running for the US Senate.
Trying not to draw too much attention.
You mean like Chris Benoit and how WWE scapegoated him as being insane instead of noting how his autospy showed significant brain damage?
Beside he absolutely hate cruiserweights and the high fliers and IMHO those types of matches are far more entertaining than the 300 pound slugfests Vince puts out.
I agree that lightweights just don't go far at WWE and Batistas get a lot more push... however, WWE is raking in tons of cash, so he must know what enough of the fans want. I just wish Angle was sane and retired. I'd get PPV's just because of him.

For what it's worth...past TNA ppvs have not been in HD on Dish either...I incorrectly thought it was just because I was in Hawaii...

What's worse, the last time I had this problem the HD PPV sports channel which normally shows wrestling was featuring a re-broadcast of a UFC event from the night before. Not sure why they chose to broadcast a re-run over a live event....but it appears they did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts