TNAP operators guide?

N0QBH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Central MN
I looked through the thread list and don't see anything for folks like myself who barely know enough to be dangerous :)
My problem is I don't change anything often enough to remember the steps.
Right now I'm looking for how to edit a satellite entry to remove the unwanted channels and how to move the latest scanned list to the proper satellite.
I'm cleaning up my 101W list after the rescan.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

There is no "user guide", sorry. My best advice is to read ALL the various threads in this forum about the Mio, and each and every post in those threads. There's all sorts of useful information scattered through them.

As for channels, when the Mio scans in a satellite, it puts the channels in a "Last Scanned" bouquet. What you MUST do, is create your OWN channel bouquets for each satellite, and MOVE the channels you want to keep into those bouquets. I do most of mine on the receiver, and/or through the WebIF screen, which has a bouquet editor.

For instance, here's an example screenshot from the WebIF of how mine are set up that works well for me
bouquets.jpg
:
bouquet 2.jpg

Reactions: k.r.
There is no "user guide", sorry. My best advice is to read ALL the various threads in this forum about the Mio, and each and every post in those threads. There's all sorts of useful information scattered through them.

As for channels, when the Mio scans in a satellite, it puts the channels in a "Last Scanned" bouquet. What you MUST do, is create your OWN channel bouquets for each satellite, and MOVE the channels you want to keep into those bouquets. I do most of mine on the receiver, and/or through the WebIF screen, which has a bouquet editor.

For instance, here's an example screenshot from the WebIF of how mine are set up that works well for meView attachment 152256:View attachment 152257
Thanks - and to clarify some vernacular - bouquet is a group of channels in a list?
Also, what does "zap" in a menu button do?
I'll check out the web IF

Reactions: c-spand
Thanks - and to clarify some vernacular - bouquet is a group of channels in a list?
Also, what does "zap" in a menu button do?
I'll check out the web IF
YES to bouquet question. You MUST create a bouquet (think of it as a FOLDER) and move the channels you want into one, IF you want to edit or keep your channels as-is. Otherwise they'll be impossible to keep track of them, and they'll self-modify every-time you rescan, and you might not want that to happen. If they are in a Bouquet, they'll stay all nice and happy the way you WANT them.

"Zap" means to "GOTO" that channel. In other words, it's basically just another word for "Change the channel", and it'll do so, no matter what sat that channel is located on, by "Zapping" to it.

When your receiver is connected to your network/Lan, find out what the IP address is that's assigned to it. Then just type that into the Address line of a web browser, and it'll bring up the WebIF screen.

Reactions: c-spand and N0QBH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 10)