Status
Please reply by conversation.

herdfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 22, 2004
Cottonwood, AZ
This was originally posted over at TCF. Seems either Crutchfield knows something we don't or they let anybody mock up their ads. The caption under TNT says: High Definition High Drama

Attachments

• Crutchfield_TNTHD.jpg
    Crutchfield_TNTHD.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 435
I think "High Definition High Drama" means what we, D* users have to go through cause we don't have this channel!!! :devil:

herdfan said:
This was originally posted over at TCF. Seems either Crutchfield knows something we don't or they let anybody mock up their ads. The caption under TNT says: High Definition High Drama

I spoke with the D* customer retention dept last night and complained about the lack of HD channels on D* and how I was thinking of going to E* or cable etc. The rep told me that they will probably be adding TNT-HD & NGC-HD He wouldnt give me a date because he didnt want to tell me something he didnt know for a fact. He was one of the most knowledgable rep's i've ever spoken to. Oh yeah he gave me $5 amonth of my bill for a year and two free months all the movie channels plus the sports pack. Doesnt solve the programming problem but its a nice perk.
:hatsoff:

I get TNTHD through Dishnet...In my opinion, the HD quality stinks; some live sporting events are ok....most of the time the picture is stretched and distorted..I emailed TNT to comment on their lack of quality..I have not received a reply from them

I get TNT-HD via Comcast and I'm happy with it. There are a number of series that are in HD and movies, plus their sports. PQ on the channel is very good. If you don't like the stretch just watch the SD version again. IMHO I'll take a 1080i channel with a stretched picture anyday over an overcompress SD version in OAR.

I saw the same ad but didn't notice the TNT logo. I know that ain't my HR10-250 in the ad. Stock photo?? There are enough photos of the "real" HR10 to use so why use this one? Just wondering.---Ray

hard to believe D* will sponsor a NASCAR team and not provide us with TNT-HD so we can see it
unacceptable in my opinion

My thoughts as well. And normally they would have until July to get it done, but with NBC doing Daytona, much of the qualifying, Bud Shootout and Twin 125's are on TNT-HD. So they have a week.:eek:

I have E*'s HD pak so I get it, but would like to be able to drop that so I can get the "temporary dish" off my deck.

rkr0923 said:
hard to believe D* will sponsor a NASCAR team and not provide us with TNT-HD so we can see it
unacceptable in my opinion

Excellent point. I hope that 'big-wigs' at NASCAR know this. They like their product to be well marketed and they like their fan base to be taken care of.

jselinger24 said:
Excellent point. I hope that 'big-wigs' at NASCAR know this. They like their product to be well marketed and they like their fan base to be taken care of.

It really is ridiculous IMO. But hey you can watch CD USA!!!:mad:

Of course, remember these are the morons that give us races on FX with no possible way to see it in HD. Fortunately I have tickets to Richmond.;)

herdfan said:
My thoughts as well. And normally they would have until July to get it done, but with NBC doing Daytona, much of the qualifying, Bud Shootout and Twin 125's are on TNT-HD. So they have a week.:eek:

I have E*'s HD pak so I get it, but would like to be able to drop that so I can get the "temporary dish" off my deck.

I agree with that. I am going to be a little pissed if I did 5 lnb update and I do not have all my races this year in HD. That is what I bought this system for and my 6.1 system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)