Tnt HD Error??

This is no surprise. I've already seen no copy flags on content I've recorded from Cinemax HD and attempted to send (downconverted) to DVD.

I'm not sure if i will waste a HDMI connection for TNT's stretch-o-vision. Dish doesn't even send 5.1 through HDMI (from what I've read), so why would I use anything other than component? HBO might lose even more subscribers if they try that. I'm just waiting for the "Wire" to finish before deciding whether or not to cancel. :mad:

And keep in mind that Dish Network is not alone in this. Once HDCP starts "rolling out", anyone with DirecTV, Digital Cable, HD TIVo, etc., could be affected. If the broadcaster requires it, they have to comply.

i hope they dont my tv doesn't have hdmi conection just dvi
component and video

i hope they dont my tv doesn't have hdmi conection just dvi
component and video

They sell HDCP compliant HDMI to DVI cables. They don't carry sound so you'll have to run the analog cables to your TV or whatever.

Good news for new TV buyers is that all new TVs are HDCP compliant. I've had HDCP compliance issues with my 360 and the HD DVD player because I have the one with out an HDMI cable.

DRM only hurts the common person, not the pirates. So we all have to suffer because of the few who ruin it for the rest of us.

This really concerns me. I have an "antique" 65" Mitz (seems like what is leading edge today is incompatible tomorrow) that has neither DVI or HDMI. It currently has a great HD pic via component. I've just upgraded both my receivers to have HD, my other HD set does have HDMI. If this does become what is required I think I'll give up & go back to rabbit ears. GGRRRRR!!:mad:
Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts