TNT-HD Just added

rasecane1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
By Comcast in South Florida and many of their other markets. Just in time for the playoffs. For those of you who have not decided which direction to take.

rasecane1 said:
By Comcast in South Florida and many of their other markets. Just in time for the playoffs. For those of you who have not decided which direction to take.

We got it in Indianapolis today as well. Channel 204. I'm surprised that they never put up a message on the box about it -- it just showed up!

Good news. Making a 180 deg. turn from my previous posts, I signed up yesterday for the 12 month - $25 off - no commitment deal with Comcast in the Cleveland area. It was a no-brainer at least for the next year, as it will cost me no more than currently paying for standard V* package. Although the HD content is nowhere near V's, they are far ahead of all other players at the present time. If they add TNT-HD, that will make my decision all the sweeter. Install scheduled for May 2nd at no charge.

I skipped comcast because of no DVR in my area, which seems especially strange since Im in LA.

After the playoffs dont think you'll get tired of seeing law and order episodes all day everyday

KDRE said:
I skipped comcast because of no DVR in my area, which seems especially strange since Im in LA.

After the playoffs dont think you'll get tired of seeing law and order episodes all day everyday

There will be a few things on this summer in HD on TNT, for example:

Spielberg, TNT push frontiers with 'Into the West'
By Robert Bianco, USA TODAY
LOS ANGELES — Steven Spielberg is taking TNT Into the West.

In June, the network will premiere a Spielberg-produced six-part, 12-hour epic about the settling of the American West.

Starring Sean Astin, Beau Bridges, Josh Brolin, Graham Greene, Keri Russell and Wes Studi, the movie will follow two multi-generational families — one settlers, one members of the Lakota tribe — over a period of 90 years.

Though it's called Into the West, don't call it a Western. "We don't classify this as a Western. This is really a film about the West," co-executive producer David Rosemont said Wednesday at the semiannual gathering of TV critics. "Everything from wardrobe, locations, casting, the language. ... Everything is checked, rechecked. Everything was authentic."

In its drive for authenticity, West hired Lakota adviser Charlie White Buffalo to teach the Lakota language to the actors playing Native Americans (most of whom are descendants of Native Americans). The goal, however, is not to tell the story of the West from a Native American point of view.

"The most important thing to (Spielberg) was authenticity, but also balance," says co-executive producer Darryl Frank. "Telling a balanced story and telling it from two points of view. ... He felt like the true story hadn't been told, because it had been told in a one-sided way. And that's what we're trying to do, tell the full story from a dual perspective."

In addition to West, TNT plans to introduce two dramatic series this summer. The Closer stars Kyra Sedgwick as the head of a unit of the L.A. police that handles high-profile murders, and Rush, starring Gary Cole, follows a team of local and federal crime fighters who form an undercover strike force.

And all of these will be in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts