TNT-HD last week, HD-NET this week

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Senz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 8, 2006
Sunday ticket once again takes presedence over HD package subscribers.

Im not sure whats better to be honest. Hd channels downrezzed and on most of the time, or fewer channels at better quality.

I do know i hate Directv giving no warning to what channels they plan to take away for 12 hours at a time for premium packages.

I don't have Sunday Ticket and couldn't care less about it. I called and complained to DTV, saying that I'm paying for the HD package 24/7, not when they want to give it to me. I got a $5 credit on my HD package for 6 months.

Why is Universal HD "untouchable"?? They have a great selection of skateboarding and BMX sports programs from 2005 scheduled for today! :rolleyes:

Not to beat a dead "turd bird", I dropped them Friday and went to E*. D* was kind enough to let me out of the contract so long as the 2 h20's went back. They even sent me the box. I always thought E* was the eveil step sister but it is not bad. 622 box is nice and wife love HGTVHD and NGEOHD is great. I am sure there are issues I will run into, but, given D* VP Shanks dillusional interview on their HD world and the TNTHD and now HD-NET getting pulled too it sure should give one pause to stay with them. I wonder if Cuban is happy with HDNET getting the russian roulette treatment this week.

How a company adds crap SD channels over the course of the year knowing full well it will have to turn off channles when ST comes in fall and tells noone show what they think of thier customers. Just remember guys...."Somebody up there on the turd bird loves you":D

We should all call and complain and get credit. We paid for a full month of HD.net programming and we aren't getting it! I'll take my $.08 credit, thank you!

DTV really should drop some SD crap channels and at least stick a couple of new MPEG2 HD channels up until the new birds go up. They could play catchup to E* a little bit.

I've stuck with D* only because of assumptions I made and marketing talk of exciting new HD content. Sucker. I'd like to at least see it in my lifetime.

And yes, I know some of you will think I should go with E*...but there's that contract thingy I have to serve out first...

HDNET Off Until 6:30PM EST For NFL ST

Heads up! HDNET was turned off last night in preparation for NFL Sunday Ticket. The Guide reads, "HD NET will return at 6:30pm EST". I am going to assume that Mark Cuban will not be too happy about this.

skakusha said:
Heads up! HDNET was turned off last night in preparation for NFL Sunday Ticket. The Guide reads, "HD NET will return at 6:30pm EST". I am going to assume that Mark Cuban will not be too happy about this.

I am sure Mark Cuban agreed to this and will be compensated. Afterall this was one of the solutions everyone asked for to keep TNT for Nascar.
The programs on HDNET are usually repeats and can be viewed another time.
So live with it. Most will be watching Football, Baseball and the race. ;)

I am not upset about it as I will be watching NFL all day. I just started a thread to inform others, which was merged here, and was curious how it was decided. Since I will be watching Da Bears, and many other teams play today, I will be living with it just fine. :D Go Cowboys!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)