TNT HD looked amazing (Celtics/Bulls)

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
The picture quality of the Celtic/Bulls game tonight was amazing. This was probably some of the best HD I've seen in a long time from any source!

And the Celtics completely hammered the Bulls. What could be better?

The picture quality of the Celtic/Bulls game tonight was amazing. This was probably some of the best HD I've seen in a long time from any source!

This is a joke, right?

What??!! Were we watching the same game?

I even started watching a game in the 70's on Directv and it didn't look that bad...
I didn't realize those old mpeg2 versions still existed.

ETA: Just did a comparison of channel 75 (mpeg2) and 252 (mpeg4) on Direct and 252 is a little better, but 75 still looked pretty damn good. I think the source (TNT) is much better than before.

to me TNT has better HD quality for these games than espn and abc. it's not as sharp. it has to do with the HD cameras being used at a particular game. I've seen better quality games on abc and espn at times but TNT usually looks better.

I think the venue has a lot to do with it also. The game in Boston looked amazing, but the next game (was it from San Antonio?) didn't look as great, probably because of the lighting, cameras, engineering, etc..

to me TNT has better HD quality for these games than espn and abc. it's not as sharp. it has to do with the HD cameras being used at a particular game. I've seen better quality games on abc and espn at times but TNT usually looks better.

Caught some baseball on TBS over the weekend. Picture looked sharp!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)