Timer issues with 508 5xx DVR receivers

jrbdmb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I recently began to have timer issues with my 508 DVR receiver. My wife uses this to record a few daytime shows (Regis & Kelly, Oprah, etc.) for later viewing.

The issue is that the name-based DVR timers set up to record these shows are not seeing the majority of the future shows in the program guide. For example, the "Regis & Kelly" timer saw the show for today at 9AM, but not the shows for Wednesday / Thursday / Friday at 9AM. The "Oprah" timer saw no shows at all for the coming week, even though the guide clearly shows the show is on every day at 4PM.

I deleted and redid the timers, pulled the smart card, and cold started the receiver (power off for 15 minutes) with no benefit. Seting up the timers using the DishPass feature did not seem to help either. The only thing I could do to work around this was to set up manual timers for the times / channels needed - but having to set manual timers defeats the purpose of the Dish DVR software, doesn't it?

So, is anyone else having issues with the 5xx name-based timers? If so, any resolution? Thanks for the info.

Edit: I set up the original timers by selecting an episode in the program guide, making sure to select "all" as opposed to "one time", then creating the timer. This should cause the 508 to record all instances of that program. Also, the flaky timers are all for local channels - the one timer set up for a national channel (AMC) seems to be OK.

Last edited:
I used to run into issues when I had a 522 like this. Had to setup two name-based timers, for whatever reason. Setup one like you did originally, and then go in, select one of the programs that isn't being picked up, and setup another name-based recording with it. Should pick them all up then!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts